How many of us do it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of us do it..

Currently on my car right now is a set of Michelin X-Ice Winter tires. I currently have no money to switch them over, and over the past month and a half my front tires have gotten progressively worse.. They came with the car, which I purchased about 3 months ago in next-to-new shape.

I'm just wondering, how many of us duke it out and waste a set of perfectly good winters to survive the summer? I did this last year on my GSR. I can't say I have too many issues hooking either, lol.

P.S - I've done it before, not too sure how many others have.. But, I've ran at Mopar in my GSR on GoodYear winters, I gotta say.. Best runs ever on winters, as a pose to track type tires and for the cost.. Psh! LOLLL!
    Last edited by CB7_JAY91; 04-23-2012, 08:17 AM.
    Jay
    HondaLina
    91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

I've done it, mainly because I live in Virginia and rarely get snow. So I went ahead and burned up the winters (came on the car when purchased), then bought the G-force sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
      I've done it, mainly because I live in Virginia and rarely get snow. So I went ahead and burned up the winters (came on the car when purchased), then bought the G-force sports.
      I know a dude that has an EG Hatch with a jackson supercharger kit.. retarded fast, he swears by gforce tires all year round, lol! I beleive he has the all seasons
      Jay
      HondaLina
      91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Don't drive like an idiot?

Comment

I did the opposite with summer tires... left them on for 2 New England winters.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
            I did the opposite with summer tires... left them on for 2 New England winters.
            I did the same thing with a set of Falken Azenis. They're fine if you have throttle control and can brake with your left foot.
            -Ian

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              Don't drive like an idiot?
              Thanks tips.
              Jay
              HondaLina
              91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
                Thanks tips.
                You're welcome.

Comment

I have all season tires on my car. We have had mild winters here in Ohio for the past few years so i've never had to get winter tires ever. Now my older brother in Kentucky goes out and buys winter tires for his wife's van because he's worried about the safety of his family. Since he works at a tire shop, i think he just unmounts the winter tires and sells them on craigslist for like 85% of what he paid for them.

Comment

I've done it. No big deal.

I'd rather run around all year with snows on than all winter with shitty ass sport tires.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      shitty ass sport tires.
                      What do you mean shitty ass sport tires? I love sport tires, they just dont last more then 25k miles.
                      They Grip very well in snow to.
                      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                        What do you mean shitty ass sport tires? I love sport tires, they just dont last more then 25k miles.
                        I hope you are being very sarcastic right now.

There is no way that these tires

will grab as well as these in the snow

And I am doing it at the moment with 2 of my CD5 wheels. I have them mounted on the back though.

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                          Because that's exactly how they are in the snow. Shitty ass.

We have 2 driving seasons here, which require 2 types of tires for safe driving.

Comment

riding on winter tires in the summer will probably get you shitty gas mileage since they've got a very high rolling resistance compared to summer tires. Plus they're clunky, not very responsive and pretty heavy. luckily I live in a place where winter tires are NEVER required lol

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Can you not rotate the tires?

I am currently still on my winters, this week I should be finishing up my new rims and getting summer tires.

My dad did run winters all year round on his CD5, because they are much cheaper than summer tires
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X