Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speedo, Odometer, trip, and cruse controll. Not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo, Odometer, trip, and cruse controll. Not working.

I try looking for some info on what is going on. I know I should have a yellow wire for power, an orange wire for signal, a black for ground. I replaced the VSS.

Now here it gets odd I got a Yellow/white giving 5v, A White/black doing nothing really good chance is the signal, and Green/white for ground. The car is a 92 EX with the 5-speed stick.

P.S. 2 people at a Honda dealer say is a Limited Edition version of the car. Really not sure about that.

Nothing limited about it. 92 EX with a manual is relatively common. If you have techs at the dealer with such detailed expertise, I’d find another dealer!

Anyway, if you can get your hands on a factory service manual, you should be able to get the info you need. Hondahookup.com might still be hosting digital copies. You can find them on amazon or eBay as well.
    I don’t have any experience with vss wiring, so I’m not going to attempt a guess in case I mislead you.

Comment

Here is the page on VSS from the service manual.

Comment

Just checking - when you replaced the VSS, did you put the pin that transfers rotation from the power steering portion of the VSS to the electrical portion?
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          Just checking - when you replaced the VSS, did you put the pin that transfers rotation from the power steering portion of the VSS to the electrical portion?
          what? I check if the drive pin was in place for the sensor. I found there was no voltage from the yellow. wire it to the battery code 17 is gone. but the speedo, Odometer, trip or the cruise don't work.
          Last edited by funguy26; 06-30-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Here is the diagram for replacement. fleetwood is talking about the 'Joint Shaft' in this picture, if it is missing or broken your VSS will not read your speed.

Originally posted by funguy26 View Post
            what? I check if the drive pin was in place for the sensor. I found there was no voltage from the yellow. wire it to the battery code 17 is gone. but the speedo, Odometer, trip or the cruise don't work.
            If you measured from the center yellow pin/wire to the positive battery (+) terminal you should measure zero volts. You need to measure from the center yellow pin/wire to body ground. That means red/positive meter probe on the yellow wire and the black/ground meter probe to a clean body ground or the negative battery (-) terminal.
            Last edited by Ghostwhite; 07-01-2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostwhite View Post
              Here is the diagram for replacement. fleetwood is talking about the 'Joint Shaft' in this picture, if it is missing or broken your VSS will not read your speed.

If you measured from the center yellow pin/wire to the positive battery (+) terminal you should measure zero volts. You need to measure from the center yellow pin/wire to body ground. That means red/positive meter probe on the yellow wire and the black/ground meter probe to a clean body ground or the negative battery (-) terminal.
              yeah the shaft is in place. do the gauge cluster give the 5v?
              Last edited by funguy26; 07-01-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Yes it appears so. What do you have when you measure from the orange wire/pin to ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostwhite View Post
                  Yes it appears so. What do you have when you measure from the orange wire/pin to ground?
                  Ok, I got it working! YAY! what I did was take the EGR plug and plug it in the VSS and take the VSS plug and plug it into the EGR valve.

Comment

Originally posted by funguy26 View Post
                    Ok, I got it working! YAY! what I did was take the EGR plug and plug it in the VSS and take the VSS plug and plug it into the EGR valve.
                    seen that happen before
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X