Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

running lower offset wheels on a fwd car, info inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Thx a lot uncle_el!! you're the man!! Oh and btw, I only have H&R Sports on my car...So it's seriously not that low...Sorry I wasn't being specific

I'm so excited now..hopefully I'll get those wheels by tomorrow, assuming no one has dibs on 'em yet...And I don't think anyone else on this board is sporting a set of these...well, not the one-piece version n e wayz...hmm I better keep my fingers crossed

i'll keep you guys updated...Thx again for the input uncle_el!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

a liitle late...havent been here in forever
      Originally posted by uncle_el
      i've seen that wheel calculator before, but it doesn't really help you in terms of practicality... as it doesn't take into account the car type, and thus the specifics of the car: suspension, fender wells, etc. it also assumes the current wheels on the car have perfect clearance, which they may not.
      the wheel offset calculator is used to give you the difference between the current wheels that you are using and any potential rim you might wanna buy. whether how much its gonna stick out more or how much less clearance you have from your struts. its up to you to make the rims fit (fender rolling/pulling, stretched tires, more/less camber).

for example my old car had 15x6.5 +55 prelude si rims
      i currently now have 16x7.5 +27 rims on my 240sx(call me a bandwagoneer if u must). according to the calculator if i wanna put thes on an accord i get 15mm more clearance from the suspension, and the rim sticks out by 41mm more(1.64 inches). and heres how the rims looks testfitted on a friends car w/ H&R race springs

tire size is 205/50/16s stretched just enough to clear the fender w/ added negative camber if you wanna go lower

and just so everyones clear... caliper clearance is independent of rim offset its all about the design of the spokes
      Last edited by uncle_el; 10-28-2005, 02:44 PM.

Comment

^ awsome info and pic! it's true that you can run into the +20s with our geometry. i'm at the other end of the spectrum with a +58 but spaced down to a +48. i have 30mm spacers en route so i should be getting to +28 soon. with my drop, stretched tires, and some added negative camber, i'm very excited to see the results. stay tuned!
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

i was wondering if my prelude wheels have the same +55 offset if so this would probably be the reason im rubbing when my steering is turned all the way lock to lock....... funny thing is it only rubs in reverse lol

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by weneklek
            a liitle late...havent been here in forever

the wheel offset calculator is used to give you the difference between the current wheels that you are using and any potential rim you might wanna buy. whether how much its gonna stick out more or how much less clearance you have from your struts. its up to you to make the rims fit (fender rolling/pulling, stretched tires, more/less camber).
            agreed. the problem still remains that it assumes you know how far from the struts, and how far from the fender your current wheels are... in essence it assumes that you have perfect clearance. don't get me wrong, i think it can be a helpful tool, and have in fact used it myself.

for example my old car had 15x6.5 +55 prelude si rims
            i currently now have 16x7.5 +27 rims on my 240sx(call me a bandwagoneer if u must). according to the calculator if i wanna put thes on an accord i get 15mm more clearance from the suspension, and the rim sticks out by 41mm more(1.64 inches). and heres how the rims looks testfitted on a friends car w/ H&R race springs

tire size is 205/50/16s stretched just enough to clear the fender w/ added negative camber if you wanna go lower

i hope you don't mind that i altered the pic, to include the stats of the wheels. i think that fitment looks great, and would love to see those size wheels on a cb7 with a lower drop. hmm....

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Great resource, kudos on this thread!!
                The CB7 Timeline

Comment

I put super advan 17x8 +35 from an 240sx fits!

My whips!
                  97 eliteS 50cc sold
                  90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                  93 CB 4dr ex/se
                  85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                  80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                  73 Opel GT garage queen
                  92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                  93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                  92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                  09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                  93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

nice ^. i just got some new wheels all 16x8 but +35 up front and, ready, +25 at the rear. i think this is the craziest offset i've done if not anyone has done to a cb chassis. i'm also slammed with 205/50s. pics will come soon. let's continue to push this envelope!
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

so as stated above 50 offset wheels will fit w.o any spacers and will it clr perfect? no rubbing ? so it wont stick out a bit?
                      "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

+50 is actually the opposite. it will go inside not out. i believe prelude alloys are +50 so they fit without any clearance problems nor usage of spacers. my old volks were 16x7 +50 up front and it was a bit inside (check my member's ride). the tires were actually scrapping the inside fender wall, which was prolly due to being too low haha.

remember the smaller the offset number the more the wheel goes out towards the fenders.
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

What is the lowest offset we can run? and Im talkin the bottom of the barrel!!
                          She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
                          Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
                          Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC on dis
                            I put super advan 17x8 +35 from an 240sx fits!
                            Hey sohc do you happen to remember the tire size on those advans? I know you tried your buddies wheels a long time ago, but I'm trying to fit a set of 17x8" +35 offset on my car, and they have 235's right now so I have to get a smaller tire.

Comment

Probably a real stupid question. But what is tyre stretching? Is it stretching a tyre to make it wider for wider rims?

I'm looking at getting some 15 x 7 +32 rims. I currently have 205/55 tyres on itr's. Would these tyres swap over ok? ta
                              Members Ride Thread

Comment

^^yeah cam thats basically what it is...alot of Euro cars do this...but there are some downsides..
                                "The Fresh One"

Comment

Working...
                                X