Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need info on the P0F ecu. 911!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need info on the P0F ecu. 911!!!!

ok.

i cant find hardly anything solid regarding the P0F ecu. (i have one i'd like to use if i am able)

who know about this thing???
    i know its from an Accord SiR CD5 and that most have had bad luck with it. but its unknown why.

thats about all i can find.

why wont this thing work? its from an accord with an h22.
    what are its benefits if it does end up working? shift point, etc...?
    what are the drawbacks?
    is it chippable?

please let me know any little bit of info you have on this.

thanks cb7tuners.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

it is not chippable.

what year is the ecu from? is it obd 2?

Comment

accord with which h22?
      i thought accord sir's had the f20b?

Im not completely down with the h22 v f20b comparison but maybe the f20 comes with some slightly different sensors or accessories on the IM that are factored into the ecu that might cause it to run an h22 funny
      i guess the maps could be just a touch off as well due to little differences here and there elsewhere on the engines

edit:fuck im dumb, F20b's are obd2 arent they? in that case, that is why it wont work right.
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

When using this ecu, I believe you have to switch some pins around to make it work on the harness that plugs directly into the ecu.

Last time I read the swap faq, it mentioned which pins to swap. even then the car wont run right. I would not bother with this ecu at all.
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
          accord with which h22?
          i thought accord sir's had the f20b?

Im not completely down with the h22 v f20b comparison but maybe the f20 comes with some slightly different sensors or accessories on the IM that are factored into the ecu that might cause it to run an h22 funny
          i guess the maps could be just a touch off as well due to little differences here and there elsewhere on the engines

edit:fuck im dumb, F20b's are obd2 arent they? in that case, that is why it wont work right.
          the 5th gen sir had the h22

Comment

pretty sure it was out of a late 95 or 96 (thats the date on the engine anyway) came with the harness and the TCU as well.

thanks guys.
            i figured it wasnt worth using, just wanted to make sure.

guess im gonna toss this one.
            Last edited by H22Artman; 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

ive attempted to use it, even tried swapping the pins, and it hardly idled and ran absolutely horribly, so we threw it away. the TCU might be another story, but the ECU wont be good.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

the TCU is the same as whats in the car already so im sure it would be fine.

its a P0N.

i'll keep it as a spare.

Comment

I am running a POF and i have no issues at all. I think egr needs to be blocked off for the car to run right though. Me and one buddy with an h22 both tried it and it runs fine. We have skunk2 IM(which doesn't use egr). My other two friends that have h22s both had idling issues. one missed up til 1700 rpm and the other wouldn't idle. They were both running the stock IM.
                  I would have to guess if you block off the egr with a stock manifold it would run right. but pins do not have to be switched. that is only a usdm issue.
                  vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by arcadiacb7 View Post
                    I am running a POF and i have no issues at all. I think egr needs to be blocked off for the car to run right though. Me and one buddy with an h22 both tried it and it runs fine. We have skunk2 IM(which doesn't use egr). My other two friends that have h22s both had idling issues. one missed up til 1700 rpm and the other wouldn't idle. They were both running the stock IM.
                    I would have to guess if you block off the egr with a stock manifold it would run right. but pins do not have to be switched. that is only a usdm issue.
                    how did you wire your POF. what pins to what??

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but it gives me a good idea of whats wrong with my engine. I'm running the P0F as well, and when you reach operating temp, the vacuum from the controller will max out and kill the motor. Before that, it does, indeed, idle pretty bad. Unfortunately for me, I'm in a state that does do emissions, so I'm just gonna plug my vac line and hope to pass. If it fails, anyone got a p13 for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by jayrq2o1 View Post
                        I know this is an old thread, but it gives me a good idea of whats wrong with my engine. I'm running the P0F as well, and when you reach operating temp, the vacuum from the controller will max out and kill the motor. Before that, it does, indeed, idle pretty bad. Unfortunately for me, I'm in a state that does do emissions, so I'm just gonna plug my vac line and hope to pass. If it fails, anyone got a p13 for sale?
                        You might want to read the rules before you get yourself banned.

Comment

Working...
                        X