Smog Questioon, Should I sell or Risk it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smog Questioon, Should I sell or Risk it

I am moving from Medford Or, and was wondering if it would be worth it to bring my car into Southern California. It has passed smog the last time i got it checked out, I have another smog check due in March of this year here in Oregon. I am very worried about it not passing smog down there. I use to live down there and know how much of Nazi they are at the smog places. So my main question is do i sell the car or risk and see if it will pass smog? I also know that they have a low income program that will help with 500 bucks to help the car pass smog. Any one had this problem.

MODS done are as followed:

Intake

Exhaust which the tech said was cali approved.
    Leaving the game!

well i will have to put my stock intake back on. other then that i have a megan header i want to put on, I can always wait until after the cali smog. I really want another. I guess I am going to sell all my after market parts and save the money for next years tax return to get a newer car. I was thinking about a 240sx. maybe a rx-7. I even thought bout a corba. I dont know. My car is hard to find parts for up here in Medford Oregon. Put moving down to cali I will have more access to junk yards.

My windows roll up and down slow. My interior is shabby. I have idle issue where the motor purges. So I am just over the issue with my car right now.

One other thing if the car passes smog in southern Oregon it should pass smog down there to right?
    Has anyone in Ca. every gotten help from the government that helps you with passing smog.
    Last edited by nappyd420; 02-19-2011, 10:03 PM.
    Leaving the game!

Comment

gimme numbers, i can compare them with my accord smog and see if you're on the limit.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by nappyd420 View Post
        well i will have to put my stock intake back on. other then that i have a megan header i want to put on, I can always wait until after the cali smog. I really want another. I guess I am going to sell all my after market parts and save the money for next years tax return to get a newer car. I was thinking about a 240sx. maybe a rx-7. I even thought bout a corba. I dont know. My car is hard to find parts for up here in Medford Oregon. Put moving down to cali I will have more access to junk yards.

My windows roll up and down slow. My interior is shabby. I have idle issue where the motor purges. So I am just over the issue with my car right now.

One other thing if the car passes smog in southern Oregon it should pass smog down there to right?
        Has anyone in Ca. every gotten help from the government that helps you with passing smog.
        I may be a pain the ass sometimes on this forum, but I do have some good info posted. Please check out my post on smog check help. Click my name and look for it..very helpful for your problem. Also, where in California are you moving to? From what I know, some smog check places are just there to collect your $ and don't give such a care as to what is on your car. I also know a super good mechanic here that will not rip you off and will get your car working so good as long as you have some bucks. Sorry but doing our cars cheap is not a good idea. Please don't sell it if it's only a issue of smog. Read my posts. Had to edit cause I forgot to say..windows are easy fix..if you move close enough to my location I can help personally, if not, I can guide you in the repair.
        Last edited by SilverShadow; 02-20-2011, 02:30 AM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
        New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
        My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

So is there a way to tell if my car has a goverment motor?
          Leaving the game!

Comment

?
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

There are cars that have special motor that are sold in other states that will not pass calis emission.
              Leaving the game!

Comment

sounds about right. I am debating on whether or not to get a new cat, distributor cap and rotor. Any good suggestion stocks one withon on good to replace
                Leaving the game!

Comment

I got a second question then?

If I add the a6 cam and the h23 IM will that effect emission? I also want to replace the runner on the h23 would that have any effect too.
                  Leaving the game!

Comment

So is there a way to tell if my car has a goverment motor?
                    GSA logo? lol

you mean the PZEV vs the FED engines?
                    that rule didn't affect our cars.

SilverShadow i tried to do this but turns out that after Jan 2011 the BAR got dickier and decided that unless your car is 100% bone stock, they wont help you out, i know cus i got DQ cus of my header, even if its CARB legal they can DQ you... i ended up having to pay $400 to have it pass
                    Originally posted by scudweiser
                    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

damn thats suxs cause I have a after market exhaust on my car. But the CAT was never touched. I just hope that it doesnt effect my smog when I go down there. I do not think it will because the Cat was never touched. Just gotta find my stock intake and but that back on when I go down there.
                      Leaving the game!

Comment

The coupe is bone stock. Got it smoged and it failed, Tech printed out the results and told me to take it to office and summit it for the loww income program. So I'm thinking it will be like in Florida where they look at your car..it wasn't. This place was a second floor office (within walking distance from where you'll move Devin) and all I did was fill out some forms, show them bank and disability papers and that was it. Not even a look out the window for the car! My point is ..if you have the qualifying paperwork you can get financial help to get it passed. This exhaust or that header or cat doesn't matter since the place you get the work done will fix it for the gaol of it being passed. Most you'll pay is $20!

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

damn thats suxs cause I have a after market exhaust on my car. But the CAT was never touched. I just hope that it doesnt effect my smog when I go down there. I do not think it will because the Cat was never touched. Just gotta find my stock intake and but that back on when I go down there.
                          call me when you do and I'll drive up to help you

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                            The coupe is bone stock. Got it smoged and it failed, Tech printed out the results and told me to take it to office and summit it for the loww income program. So I'm thinking it will be like in Florida where they look at your car..it wasn't. This place was a second floor office (within walking distance from where you'll move Devin) and all I did was fill out some forms, show them bank and disability papers and that was it. Not even a look out the window for the car! My point is ..if you have the qualifying paperwork you can get financial help to get it passed. This exhaust or that header or cat doesn't matter since the place you get the work done will fix it for the gaol of it being passed. Most you'll pay is $20!
                            really? the dude here in SD actually came out and had me pop the hood, maybe i got the pissed off one that hates hos job but it too lazy to quit and look for another one.
                            Originally posted by scudweiser
                            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

That's why in my original post I think I said something like, even though it's a drive to Valencia's office, to get that paper is worth it. Two middle-aged woman who most likely wouldn't know a Honda from a VW in a office that had one other person waiting after me.
                              Gas back and forth would still be cheaper than the smog fix without the program's waiver.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Working...
                              X