Smog Questioon, Should I sell or Risk it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
    That's why in my original post I think I said something like, even though it's a drive to Valencia's office, to get that paper is worth it. Two middle-aged woman who most likely wouldn't know a Honda from a VW in a office that had one other person waiting after me.
    Gas back and forth would still be cheaper than the smog fix without the program's waiver.
    yea, i was going to go, but i was short on time.
    on the plus side for those in SD, the drive to Valencia in a CB takes one tank back and forth but yea $50 and 4 hours is deff better than $400 lol, keep in mind i have an H23 tranny so a 4X tranny will waste less gas
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Originally posted by nappyd420 View Post
      I got a second question then?

If I add the a6 cam and the h23 IM will that effect emission? I also want to replace the runner on the h23 would that have any effect too.
      Clean out the EGR on the new manifold and it will pass the test even better

No one would notice, the intake manifold looks 100% stock

Comment

Originally posted by lordoja View Post
        yea, i was going to go, but i was short on time.
        on the plus side for those in SD, the drive to Valencia in a CB takes one tank back and forth but yea $50 and 4 hours is deff better than $400 lol, keep in mind i have an H23 tranny so a 4X tranny will waste less gas
        Can't remember if they asked for my ID or what...I think you can mail it too. I'd have you guys mail it all to me and have me go..but then the lady behind the glass would go..."Hey..weren't you in here yesterday?" I hate killing witnesses.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
        New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
        My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Can't remember if they asked for my ID or what...I think you can mail it too. I'd have you guys mail it all to me and have me go..but then the lady behind the glass would go..."Hey..weren't you in here yesterday?" I hate killing witnesses.

Dat shat is way to funny my friend. If you need help Im down homie. So i have a PT6 should I drop it in. I have the IM and the black box. My only issue is my radiator plug had to be JB welded shut because my brother in law and wife broke the plug. So draining my radiator is going to be an issue,
          Leaving the game!

Comment

I think he told me Valencia...I'm in the Valley but was in Canyon country for last 5+ years. I know zilch about the H22. But I do know some good places and friends. Hope I can learn and help.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

k&n makes CARB legal intakes as well, and Pacesetter also makes CARB headers
              it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
              Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

I will be in Newhall by Wiley Canyon School off of Lyons Ave. But damn it I want to put that mani on. Its setting here doing nothing.

::edit:: so can anyone that lives in Cali say if they have done the H23 mod and Pass smog. I know I have a 50/50 chance. But if its a no go I would rather sell the part and get money rather then put it on and fail.
                Last edited by nappyd420; 03-03-2011, 02:47 AM.
                Leaving the game!

Comment

Originally posted by nappyd420 View Post
                  I will be in Newhall by Wiley Canyon School off of Lyons Ave. But damn it I want to put that mani on. Its setting here doing nothing.

::edit:: so can anyone that lives in Cali say if they have done the H23 mod and Pass smog. I know I have a 50/50 chance. But if its a no go I would rather sell the part and get money rather then put it on and fail.
                  There is a wagon member that has H22 in Murrietta, Ca and I will look up his name so you can ask him...if that is allowed here I don't know.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

well I believe I am an idiot! hehe. I awhile back I bought a h23 plenum and and a F22A6 Intake manifold. Here a pic of it.The H23 plenum is not pictured. I will dig that out later. I also I have what i believed to be a to be a H22 TB. So if what I have is a A6 manifold there should be no issue passing smog. Would the H22 TB make you not pass. and i am not talking about visual either.

Last edited by nappyd420; 03-03-2011, 05:04 AM.
                    Leaving the game!

Comment

All I can really guess is (and I'm probably wrong) that the smog test when it comes down to it.. is if your car emits what the state deems as over the limit of harmful emissions per a set formula. I really don't see how one type of a add on if it doesn't alter emissions could matter. Unless it throws off all the formula variables , even causing pure o2! I'd wait, get it smoged here and then throw on whatever. See ya then. IN NEWHALL

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

All I can really guess is (and I'm probably wrong) that the smog test when it comes down to it.. is if your car emits what the state deems as over the limit of harmful emissions per a set formula. I really don't see how one type of a add on if it doesn't alter emissions could matter. Unless it throws off all the formula variables , even causing pure o2! I'd wait, get it smoged here and then throw on whatever. See ya then. IN NEWHALL
                        Yeah I g0tta wait, I want to get a new radiator aluminum to be exact, well if I could afford it.I wont be able to change the coolant with out chaining the radiator. Damn them for breaking my drain plug. On top of all that I do not see how adding A6 mani could even let you fail. there isnt to big of a difference between A1,4,6. The motors are the same. just slight difference between them
                        Last edited by nappyd420; 03-03-2011, 05:52 AM.
                        Leaving the game!

Comment

PM me bro, i got some... personal info for you that i cant post lol ::hint hint:: same goes for anyone in SoCal

Comment

so can anyone tell me if what is pictured a A6 manifold.
                            Leaving the game!

Comment

no, look at the egr ports...theyve been welded over and a6's have serviceable plugs. h22 tb wont make you not pass smog unless you dont run the evap purge line or necessary vacuum lines.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                                no, look at the egr ports...theyve been welded over and a6's have serviceable plugs. h22 tb wont make you not pass smog unless you dont run the evap purge line or necessary vacuum lines.

Yeah I got it figured out, its a h23 IM manifold. I really want A6 manifold.
                                Leaving the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X