i-07 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i-07 : 1991 Accord LX

well im back guys with a fun project with lots of potential.

i have a 91 lx coupe that will be going under the knife getting almost everything done. list includes auto to manual swap, engine swap, interior refresh, exterior refresh and new paint, and much much more.

this will be a long process

currently-
    engine- f22a1 not running- jdm h23 swap maybee
    trans- auto- 5spd in the works
    suspension- stock for now - coilovers and ex rear end
    brakes- will be swping to roh and rear disc from ex/se
    body- not bad - will paint car another color--
    interior- swaped to grey will be looking for black parts and swap out the seatbelts--
    Last edited by i-07; 05-16-2019, 11:12 PM.
    back at it again

a little progress
    Last edited by i-07; 05-16-2019, 11:18 PM.
    back at it again

Comment

Progress looks great! What are your plans for the engine?
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

im thinking a jdm h23a non vtec since those are cheap and still easy to get parts for
        back at it again

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
          back at it again

Comment

I wouldn't even mess with the non-VTEC H23A1. The H23A VTEC is just too good a value for the money. Seriously, an HMO version with the PDE head is $900. That's the top of the range. Add a header, ECU, subharness for VTEC/IABs, distributor and you can be done. Even with a generic header, most people are dynoing 190 to the wheels on that setup and a moderate tune.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              I wouldn't even mess with the non-VTEC H23A1. The H23A VTEC is just too good a value for the money. Seriously, an HMO version with the PDE head is $900. That's the top of the range. Add a header, ECU, subharness for VTEC/IABs, distributor and you can be done. Even with a generic header, most people are dynoing 190 to the wheels on that setup and a moderate tune.
              im going for simple and budget plus i have spare h23 parts and can run 87
              back at it again

Comment

I hear you, but you can run any octane you want with an accommodating tune.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Basically the plan is to help him sort out and inventory any parts he has from this car and probably flip most of it for funds towards it. I helped him strip down the front end doesnt look too bad for a car that had been sitting in a former members backyard for a few years under a tree though.

Motivated me enough to continue with my wagon progress.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                    Basically the plan is to help him sort out and inventory any parts he has from this car and probably flip most of it for funds towards it. I helped him strip down the front end doesnt look too bad for a car that had been sitting in a former members backyard for a few years under a tree though.

Motivated me enough to continue with my wagon progress.
                    lol indeed this is true lol
                    back at it again

Comment

plan to be doing some more work on the coupe this week but i also have a sedan that runs now
                      back at it again

Comment

^what are you hoping to work on this week?

Comment

trying to get the images to work.

but so far not to much progress but found out the fuel pump is dead.
                          back at it again

Comment

Glad to hear your still chucking away at this.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

all the parts came in and i picked up parts car
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X