Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Electric sound from underneath the car, towards the rear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric sound from underneath the car, towards the rear.

Hi everyone,

I had to check my tires because I picked up a rope off the road last night and it was flapping around like crazy, thought I broke something. I got the tire off and was inspecting for anything that got stuck in the suspension and brakes when I heard a slight electric humming noise that goes on and off intermittently. My car was off and the keys were out of the ignition, so no acc. was on. What is the noise or where is it coming from ? The fuel pump was changed in JAN 2017.

My chords are showing on the inner rear wheel so those little metal bastards, that are sticking out, picked up the rope, or rather a very long sleeping bag drawstring thing.....

Slow air leak out of a tire?

Comment

Thanks Fbc 978 but I don't think so. It sounds more electrical in nature, although the chords are showing, on the tire, so I'll take another look, err rather another listen. I hope the fuel pump is okay.

I have heard of EVAP tests, where cars make weird electrical noises while not running, but that is mostly in newer cars so I am puzzled. As long as my ride keeps running I am good.

Comment

try look for power at the pump when this is happening . there ant much back there that can hum .
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

You could spray some windex or any soapy water around the tires, especially if you're on the cords. I've seen them sound "electrical" in nature. Check the valve stem too. Or just take the wheel off and see if you still hear the noise.

Comment

Thank Accord Problems, I'll look and see. Will check with my circuit tester.

Comment

You could also remove the three phillips screws holding a circular shaped metal plate to access the electrical connector clip that brings power to your fuel pump. Then disconnect it to see if the noise goes away. Troubleshoot that! You got this man...

Comment

Originally posted by Fbc 978 View Post
                You could spray some windex or any soapy water around the tires, especially if you're on the cords. I've seen them sound "electrical" in nature. Check the valve stem too. Or just take the wheel off and see if you still hear the noise.
                If he was loosing air then over a period of time he would have low / flate tire .
                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll check tomorrow and post my results

Comment

LMAO, the noise, that I heard while I was under the car, is gone! I popped the rear seat forward and put my ear against the fuel pump access hatch (thank god that's there, thanks Honda), and I heard nothing. The tires aren't making any weird noises either. Sorry guys.... Freaking doofus here. My neighbor was working on stuff that day and I think that I must've heard the sound of something, that he was using, bouncing off my house and the car. I'll keep my ears open, though.

On another note, I am now trying to get my sun visors mirror light to work. It's not getting any power to it. The dome light works just fine and all fuses check out okay. The bulb is good too. I tried for power at the connect point, before the switch, and it has no power.

Comment

Originally posted by MOGOTP View Post
                      LMAO, the noise, that I heard while I was under the car, is gone! I popped the rear seat forward and put my ear against the fuel pump access hatch (thank god that's there, thanks Honda), and I heard nothing. The tires aren't making any weird noises either. Sorry guys.... Freaking doofus here. My neighbor was working on stuff that day and I think that I must've heard the sound of something, that he was using, bouncing off my house and the car. I'll keep my ears open, though.

On another note, I am now trying to get my sun visors mirror light to work. It's not getting any power to it. The dome light works just fine and all fuses check out okay. The bulb is good too. I tried for power at the connect point, before the switch, and it has no power.
                      Try following the wire to the main power source and check it's ground . I light bulb only needs two things . A positive power source and a negative ground.

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                      X