First auto-x of the year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First auto-x of the year!

Today was the first auto-x of the season for my SCCA region. The lot it was at is huge.
    Fastest time was 86 seconds. Slowest was like 120 seconds.

I was unable to take the CB7 ST beast out there today due to throwout bearing issues (see my members ride thread, last current page for updates).

So I was offered a ride to drive. 2007 Mini Cooper S. Equipped with 215/45/17 Falken Azenis 615s. The owner of this car usually runs in the pax'ed street tire class under a base class of G stock. Only mods to the Mini are K&N air filter and cat-back exhaust (which is quiet as hell).
    I decided I would also run in TGS and try and be a spoiler and take away season points from regulars in the class.

There were a total of 20 drivers in the Tire class.

There were so many drivers today they only allowed 3 runs.

Run 1: 103.52 raw, 84.990 pax
    Run 2: 100.358 raw, 82.393 pax
    Run 3: 99.168 raw, 81.416 pax

I finished 3rd in class!
    2nd was the owner of the car with a best time of: 96.148 raw, 78.937 pax.

1st was a Cobalt SS, which is in D stock. Best time: 93.979 raw, 76.968 pax.

Honestly, I think that time is fishy for the Cobalt.

I'll get some pictures from the day tomorrow.

In other news, I also picked up my season trophy from last year today.
    7th place in Novice class bitches!
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

damn i cant wait for autocross to start up here. hopefully i can keep up with the competition in STO. my buddy in his 400hp supra was only beating me by about 3 seconds when i was running in my brothers stock(engine wise) civic....

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
      damn i cant wait for autocross to start up here. hopefully i can keep up with the competition in STO. my buddy in his 400hp supra was only beating me by about 3 seconds when i was running in my brothers stock(engine wise) civic....
      STO? What rules do you run under?

Honestly, I would not want to drive anything over about 250 hp in an autox course. Most of the thrill comes from being at WOT through most of the course. With a high-hp car, you can do like 1/2 throttle, maybe without kicking it sideways. R-comps or not.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

STO = street tire open. basically its a street mod class for those who cant afford slicks or r-compounds.

and he might not be making 400hp maybe more like 300-350 but its setup as a road course car so it fairs pretty well on the autocross course.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
          STO = street tire open. basically its a street mod class for those who cant afford slicks or r-compounds.

and he might not be making 400hp maybe more like 300-350 but its setup as a road course car so it fairs pretty well on the autocross course.
          So basically, anything just as long as it has street tires?

Is there a multiplier that evens out stuff? That is what I ran under today.

Normally in my Accord, I run ST = Street Touring. It allows pretty much all suspension mods, and requires street tires. I could get R-comps and run F Street Prepared, but there is a lot more competition in ST.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

congrats on last season gary! how much of this is in TN? or the area? and where could i go to get more info?
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
              So basically, anything just as long as it has street tires?

Is there a multiplier that evens out stuff? That is what I ran under today.

Normally in my Accord, I run ST = Street Touring. It allows pretty much all suspension mods, and requires street tires. I could get R-comps and run F Street Prepared, but there is a lot more competition in ST.
              yep, unlimited suspension/power mods as long as you got street tires. we technically run under AS pax time tho.

since im h22 swapped this class is good for me or else id be stuck in street mod

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Yay! Someone took a picture of me driving yesterday.

Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Sucks that the accord was down, but at least you found a backup plan. It's nice to drive something different every now and then, both for fun and driver development.

And congrats on the rookie season trophy! Just remember that now they wont come so easy.
                  1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                  newer race video,older race videos
                  1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                  1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

damn! i wish i could run a mini!! how does it compare to the cb7? congrats on ur trophy as well!
                    -:¦:-
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                      damn! i wish i could run a mini!! how does it compare to the cb7? congrats on ur trophy as well!
                      It is totally different than my CB. Much smaller, much softer suspension, instant throttle response. There is no turbo lag on these cars, but that is expected with a turbo so small, and direct injection.

I don't like drive-by-wire. It isn't much (if at all) faster than a H22 CB7 in a straight line. I should get to test this theory soon.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
                      X