Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SRI vs. CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRI vs. CAI

So I have decided to keep my H23 IM and put it on my A1 motor. My question is why do so many people say to throw a SRI on it? Is it because it is the cheapest route. I know CAI is better because of the cooler air. What advantage is there to having a SRI other then price.
    Leaving the game!

not sucking water in your engine. CAI will give you more power, but if you get caught in a rain storm you could suck up water and fuckkkkkkk your engine up.

i've notice better throttle response with a SRI.

Comment

Since I drive my car all year I don't want to risk getting water/dirt in the filter, thats why I use SRI, it kinda feels safer and I don't have to cut any holes in the bay. I guess if you do a CAI seriously it can be done safe and tidy.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Yeah when I had my ION i had a CAI on it and it made a bad ass sound. Now I have upgraded to a better toy. I think I will go with AEM SRI intake on my H23 IM. I will be running the IAB, keeping the butterflies.I will be throwing the A6 cam and a pt6 ecu. I want to port and polish but I hear there are not to much to gain from unless you have a shit done of upgrades.
        Leaving the game!

Comment

Hydrolock is not something you want at allll!!!
          AEM offers Bypass valve but I still wouldnt do it, but thats just me.
          www.PreludePower.com
          BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

You have to submerge the filter to suck up water. You're not going to hydrolock by splashing the filter a little bit. I've had a CAI since 2003, and I live in the swamplands. I'm lowered on H&R Race springs as well.

Still, a CAI requires you to enlarge the hole that the stock ducting passes through to fit the pipe. THAT is what I regret doing, as I now have a nice rusty hole in my engine bay. It's also a pain to remove. A short ram is MUCH easier, and much less invasive.
            My friend actually designed an induction box that essentially turns your SRI into a CAI, without the risk. I'm trying to get him to sell them.

The difference in power is negligible. Maybe 1-2hp more with the CAI over the SRI, but the tradeoff is that you get better throttle response with the SRI.

Comment

I agree with deev. I have had my AEM without the bypass since at least 2006 and my car is lowered about 2". Plus you have to think that the plastic fender well on the passenger side wraps under the front of the bumper. So as long as you dont cut it you very rarely would even get it splashed on even in the worst rain storm.

Comment

I never like the CAI setup... coming from Honda Civic I was a big fan of the J's racing Whale penis intake.
                Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Originally posted by HATCHing View Post
                  I never like the CAI setup... coming from Honda Civic I was a big fan of the J's racing Whale penis intake.
                  Can you still get that intake
                  Leaving the game!

Comment

The power difference is not worth the risk of killing your engine, period.
                    Current:
                    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                    X