No announcement yet.

Cybertruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember in grade 8 we had shop class, I made a shelf and it kind of looked like this...

But I have a feeling they'll pull a 360 on this and come out with this crazy looking awesome thing. Then all the Tesla fans get to point at us and lol.

Comment

Ouuuu Nooooohhhhh!

A good family friend just told me the other day that he ordered one, the $39000 base model. I will have to take pictures and post them up on here once he receives it...

He previously bought a Model 3, but he might have traded it in because he was complaining of pain in his legs due to the posture required of a tall guy to sit and drive one of those.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
        Ouuuu Nooooohhhhh!

A good family friend just told me the other day that he ordered one, the $39000 base model. I will have to take pictures and post them up on here once he receives it...

He previously bought a Model 3, but he might have traded it in because he was complaining of pain in his legs due to the posture required of a tall guy to sit and drive one of those.

Why ??? Why are people ordering these. The car i can see, but this truck is 100% useless as an actual truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Why ??? Why are people ordering these. The car i can see, but this truck is 100% useless as an actual truck.
          I can't explain the science to it, but whatever it is, I need this type of traction with my company and my book(s).
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Why ??? Why are people ordering these.
            Because they like being the center of attention?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That kind of is this guy's deal. He likes to piss people off at times and laugh at their reaction.

I work with his high school aged son, and he actually corrected me, telling me his dad bought two of them...I hope he is trolling me.

Even the son shared the same sentiment us dissenters in this thread have shared.

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Why do people lift trucks? Why should I have to climb a ladder to put a stack of plywood in the bed?

I'm sort of torn between the Mustang Mach-E and this truck, but I think the Mach-E is the more realistic solution and I'm not sure the Cybertruck will be built in the time frame promised by Tesla.

Either way, the design is bananas.
                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                  Why do people lift trucks? Why should I have to climb a ladder to put a stack of plywood in the bed?

I'm sort of torn between the Mustang Mach-E and this truck, but I think the Mach-E is the more realistic solution and I'm not sure the Cybertruck will be built in the time frame promised by Tesla.

Either way, the design is bananas.
                  The same reason people lower cars and then have to navigate potholes, speedbumps and entrace/exit ramps to parking lots. It looks cool!

Disclaimer : Two of the 3 trucks I've owned have had mild (~2") lifts. Brodozers are another story.

Comment

Ya. all good points. Ug. I guess like their cars, only select people will buy them. Good to have an option too.

Comment

Not to be combative, but the air suspension and power delivery more than make this a very, very capable work truck.

The real question is if the power source will hold up under excessive continuous load, as that will draw some serious amperage quickly.

So, will this truck replace an f350? I don’t think so. But. It could if the yet to be outlined power plant can deliver.

In my opinion the design of the truck is actually MORE functional than most work trucks and recent studies suggest the actual cost of ownership will be drastically less than a Ford. For 99% of truck drivers I bet this actually a performance improvement compared to their entry level luxury trucks.

Compared to a real HD work truck. Who knows. I bet the Tesla pwns every single half ton truck on the road though
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I agree. For hauling and towing average things, it's great...plus I believe you can fold the rear seats down? 4x8 sheeting is the ultimate test.

Functionally, instant AND flat torque is the best thing you could ask for in a truck. Due to the motor and pack design, you could have a very deep and flat bed.

I believe they could easily design an F-350 killer/HD truck, but battery technology still sucks so it'll be distance limited.

EDIT:
                        I finally watched the Marques video. I'm really starting to like and appreciate it as a "disruptive technology."

When you really think about the potential that this and other electric trucks can bring to the table:
                        Built in "generator" for 120/240v appliances.
                        Built in welder power supply, aka big ass DC power supply
                        Prequel to solar panel type siding, hence the lack of curves.
                        Modular, swappable bed sizes. (Just actually looked at the bed for the first time...it's too pretty for real work imo...an HD version could have a bed liner)
                        Power sharing, similar to cell phones for large fleets of Cybertrucks
                        Last edited by sonikaccord; 12-05-2019, 09:10 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw this. I'm curious as to how the truck will do.

The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Oh, and here's this: The Pushka Garage version of the Cybertruck. So much Russia!

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

i think the cyber truck had one main goal with its design and presentation. The goal was to get people talking. even if they love it or hate it, people were still throwing the name Tesla around with either pure joy or disgust.

I dont exactly think the truck will be allowed to be made as its designed. They need to pass crash safety standards, pedestrian safety standards. headlights and tail lights need to have a certain output and glare effect etc.

one thing is totally certain. the waves have been made and its free press for tesla.
                                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                                X