Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How to Tighten a v-band more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Tighten a v-band more

So the v-band for my 44mm wastegate dump tube seems to not hold the dump tube well. I have the v band torqued down as much as I can, but it still allows it to move side to side.

This side to side motion causes the dump tube to rest on the down pipe next to it. Which causes it to make a vibration noise and it’s driving me crazy.

The v-band doesn’t leak, it just allows the tube to move side to side. Is there a way to bend the clamp more or is it time to just get a new v band?
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Ya, i had this problem. Like this?

Comment

it looks like your v-band is leaking also. Have you tried another clamp?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        it looks like your v-band is leaking also. Have you tried another clamp?
        Naaa. rotated it, clamped it back on. Looks fine now.

Comment

shit, I thought you were the OP, showing a picture of the issue.

Grumpy, your best option might just be to weld a bracket between the two pipes, v-bands aren't really designed to keep things from spinning.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm guessing your V-bands are flat-faced, like this?:

Get flanges that have a lip, so it works like a hub-centric ring/male-female interlock:

Flat-faced flanges can be offset over the pipe they're welded onto to provide the same effect, if your particular situation allows you flexibility to modify them. This photo being the female side; for the male side you'd weld it with the exhaust pipe sticking out past the flange just enough to fit into the female side. Like I'm saying, though, this might not work in your situation given the wastegate.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-13-2020, 08:23 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
            X