• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah thats cb love right there
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

[QUOTE=xkjnboix;1485132]This DIY will help those of you with the problems of the sticky switch. In my case, everytime i try to move either of my mirrors to the right. the mirrors would continue going even after i stopped pressing the D pad. and the D pad was not sticking.

After 15 years, lube tends to not work as well as it did the 1st day it was dispensed
      but ok on a serious note, this as well as a little dirt is most likely your problem.

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU FU*KING YOUR DOOR PANNEL SWITCH OR ANYTHING ELECTRICAL ON YOUR CAR UP. ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR ARE COMPETENT and SKILLED ENOUGH TO DO THIS.

Here are the tools you will need
      small flat and philips screwdriver
      large screwdriver
      needle nose
      Vaseline ( not KY not WD-40 )

1st thing to do is remove your door pannel ( 3 screws 1 pin and pull. if you dont know how to do this then stop while your ahead. )

2 to take off the master control switch w/o damaging the arm rest, you have to remove the many screws on the back of the pannel as well as 3 or 4 little clips. remove all the pluging from the master control switch. there are 3 screws retaining the master control pannel in.

I didnt have to do this because mine was already off for just such as an occasion. take your time on this step to avoid bending the armrest out of shape.
      (THIS STEP IS A PAIN IN THE ASS)

this totally worked just cleaned mine up getting it out was the hardest part for sure, works perfectt! thanks man

Comment

10/10!

Every time I leave the windows open in the rain, I have to clean my d-pad. scraping up the contacts (and between them) with something sharp helps a LOT in cases of water damage.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

ahhhhh, the power of the search button ...

Mine did this like a year ago, I took the switch out and blew compressed air in it ... *bing*
          Sooo, it did it again jus recently ... I'm gonna have to try this ...

Hell of a great DIY .. props xkjnboix

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
          X