Life since CB7tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life since CB7tuner

It seems like it's been forever since I parted ways with my CB9 and I always enjoyed coming back to the site since then, albeit far less frequently. Anyway, I occasionally see people post follow-up threads about what they've been up to since being active on this site and I figured I would throw my own together to share the various car-related escapades I've been involved in the past few years. The pictures below are a rough sketch of what I've been up to, there are descriptions in between picture sets so make sure to check those for more details of what's pictured.

After the CB9, I drove an '04 TL that was 100% stock. It was a big step up from the CB9 in terms of luxury and speed, but was incredibly lacking in terms of soul or engagement.

Despite my not-so-exciting daily, I still went to plenty of car events. Import Alliance in Atlanta and Nashville.

Since the daily was anything but exciting I got hooked up with some local friends who had a wrecked E30 and we embarked on building a Lemons car, something we're still working on (quite slowly, haha).

I also got the chance to travel to Japan for work, which was absolutely incredible. I lived in Tokyo for about a month and I got to see so much of the local car culture thanks to good timing and local friends. I got to visit the famous Top Secret tuning shop and check out their amazing assortment of GTRs.

My next visit was to the Akihabara UDX Parking garage, infamous for the meets of its Itasha (cars with crazy liveries from anything from anime, video games, or manga). This was probably the most Japanese of the car things I saw in Tokyo and was lucky to run into a person there that spoke great English who could help me communicate with the community during the meet.

A friend of mine rode in his NSX out to the well know Daikoku Futo and Tatsumi parking areas, while also getting to lap the C1. It was odd riding on roads and visiting places I knew only from video games and youtube videos.

Near my work was an UP GARAGE location, which was wild. A tuner's dream.

I also went to the yearly Motor Sport Japan Festival in Odaiba, which was amazing.

I had been looking for a replacement for my TL for a while and I finally made the commitment to purchase a new vehicle and I was fortunate enough to do so on European Delivery in Germany. I took delivery of a '17 Q7 at the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt. I spent the next two weeks driving through Germany, Switzerland, and Italy. The roads were amazing and the Q7 felt like a return to the CB9 in terms of looks and handling

I also checked a item off the bucket list by going to the Monaco Gran Prix. While it rained on the day of the race, the experience and atmosphere in the city leading up to and on race day is still something I will never forget.

Since getting the Q7 back in the US, I have since fitted some new wheels, the only vehicle modification I have made to my daily since going away from the CB9. I also followed in the path of my CB9 and put the car through it's paces at Road Atlanta during the Gridlife festival, because all cars (no matter how unconventional) should be tracked!

Hope everyone enjoyed and look forward to catching up a bit in the comments. This site and its members made a huge impact on my car interest and, in effect, my entire life. I hope to continue to share my experiences, despite the un-regularity, with everyone here for years and years to come

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

... I don't even know how to reply to that. What an amazing experience all around.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

You are a very fortunate person relish those experiences as few people ever have these opportunities...
      My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

My dream is to own that boat in the bay, any of them will do. But ya... nothing better than driving around on a sunny day with the sunroof open in an Acura or Audi but you've gone places I don't think I'll ever get to go. Looks great!!

I'm trying to understand that street sign, and I can't.... figure it out. If I was coming off the S1 , i have to take C2 to get to 6?

Comment

That's an awesome bit of life that you just shared!!!

Actually, I was just in Schwangau last fall, I thought the castle in the background of that shot looked familiar.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

damn youve been around

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Very Nice collection of images.

Love the shot with the Nacional/Senna hat in the back of the Aero Deck Accord.....bad ass!
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Im just finally seeing this. That is awesome man good for you!
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Me too lol.

Very nice dude.

Congrats on the trip, the Audi, and thank you for sharing with us.

Great images as well!

Comment

That's awesome. One of the top things on my bucket list is visiting japan. That aerodeck was sweet though,I've never seen one until now lol
                    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
                    dmfb919

Comment

wow! your photos are amazing! what camera are you using?

You have experienced plenty of exciting locations, especially in Japan. Hopefully one day I can do the same. I am not sure about being out for a whole month lol.

I was hoping to read that you missed your cb9 so much that you ended up buying another one lmao. But I was wrong and just had wishful thinking haha.

Comment

so many old timers in here nice photos

Comment

nice! glad to see people traveling and experiencing other cultures
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Been to all those places (cept Asia) and mostly by train lol,
                            but I drove a 1970 bmw 2.8 coup'e ...

If I ever sold the cb9, I might go after this one from Audi ... amazing!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              nice! glad to see people traveling and experiencing other cultures
                              Wait? People do that? Shit.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X