Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Got in a bet (results).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got in a bet (results).

You law abiders wont like this, but the challenege between the H22 CB7 and the Mustang GT has been completed. As of 3:00 Pm, EST. The two cars line up on a road in Yorktown, VA known as Old Denbigh Blvd. Because of the roads intense turns and banked roadways the CB7's light frame kept it moving, and the GT rode my ass... but i won! The race was a "go to the end of the road and back" scenario. If that damn CB7 hadnt have had the H22 in it i would have lost for sure, but the secret on how i won the race is simple: The roads were wet feom rain so the front wheek drive conquered against the rear wheel stang.

You guys wanted results so there you go, we may do a rematch at Langley Speedway and ill film that, but i wast going to risk running a camera during today's race.

But for now,
    H22: 1
    GT: 0

If he rode your ass the whole time, at best it's a draw, at worst he won. It's nigh impossible to pass on a public road. I've been in a couple fourth- and early fifth-gen Mustangs and they don't handle all that badly, while our cars understeer like pigs.

What year was the Mustang? I raced an '06 V6 in my auto H22. He had me off the line obviously, but from a roll we were dead even.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I used to take videos of me street racing back in the day. Then people would flame. They are still floating around my YouTube account. Funny one was me smoking a GSX Eclipse with my 2.0 N/A Neon.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

it was an '04 GT with a motor rebuild, It was fast but the CB had those backroads.

Comment

Everyone who reads this: Please DO NOT find a wet road to race on, just to see if this story actually holds up.

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            If he rode your ass the whole time, at best it's a draw, at worst he won. It's nigh impossible to pass on a public road. I've been in a couple fourth- and early fifth-gen Mustangs and they don't handle all that badly, while our cars understeer like pigs.

What year was the Mustang? I raced an '06 V6 in my auto H22. He had me off the line obviously, but from a roll we were dead even.
            And I've raced on the track against those same gen Mustangs. It showed that they really don't handle that well. Sorry, but its true. They are over-weight and the suspension can't keep up with the weight.

Comment

I wonder how at H23A will perform vs a Mustang?

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Probably the same. The difference is minimal. .1L really isn't much!

The only older Mustangs that have any hope of handling well are the Cobra models with the independent rear suspension.
                A good driver could take a live axle Mustang and make it handle, but amateur vs. amateur, the Accord gives a handling advantage.

As for him riding your ass... yeah, in a real race, that calls for round 2. In round 2, he leads, and you keep up. If you pass, you win. If he walks away by a significant margin by the end of the race, he wins. If you stay close the entire time, the round is a draw.

So you kept up with a Mustang, unless the challenger's proclamation was that he would be able to overtake you in one up/back race. In that case, you won... the argument, anyway, if not the race.

It's sad though... even a base model V6 Mustang in the current lineup would eat an H22 CB7 for breakfast.

Comment

Yes sad but true I honestly though mustangs couldn't handle . I was shocked at the super snake mustang model. Ford is really going in as far as balance and power on those newer models. I had one trying to keep up with me notice how I said try all I had to do was gun it in the corners in the turns.

Comment

Ford actually managed to make the new ones capable of impressive handling with that live rear axle, too.

I used to despise Ford. Now, I'd seriously consider buying one.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                      Everyone who reads this: Please DO NOT find a wet road to race on, just to see if this story actually holds up.
                      i love driving on wet roads, not a day of rain in my life i havent gone outside to practice sliding and controlling my car. The expirience of wet driing really helped me in the race though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Probably the same. The difference is minimal. .1L really isn't much!

The only older Mustangs that have any hope of handling well are the Cobra models with the independent rear suspension.
                        A good driver could take a live axle Mustang and make it handle, but amateur vs. amateur, the Accord gives a handling advantage.

As for him riding your ass... yeah, in a real race, that calls for round 2. In round 2, he leads, and you keep up. If you pass, you win. If he walks away by a significant margin by the end of the race, he wins. If you stay close the entire time, the round is a draw.

So you kept up with a Mustang, unless the challenger's proclamation was that he would be able to overtake you in one up/back race. In that case, you won... the argument, anyway, if not the race.

It's sad though... even a base model V6 Mustang in the current lineup would eat an H22 CB7 for breakfast.
                        i would love to do it again, so ill ask for a rematch with the stang leading first. Thanks!

Comment

Don't. "But mom... just five more minutes!" I had a friend hit a deer doing about 65 a few nights back, and he was lucky enough to get away with very minimal damage to the car; he's always a very alert driver, too. Back when I was in South Dakota, same thing happened to my sister's friend, only she rolled the car a few times. Accidents happen. You're in Virginia, you've got local race tracks.
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-28-2013, 04:33 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yeah, don't. Take the "win", and be happy.
                            Or take it to a real track and do it right.

IMO, no win on the street is legit. Both racers are losers.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Yeah, don't. Take the "win", and be happy.
                              Or take it to a real track and do it right.

IMO, no win on the street is legit. Both racers are losers.
                              agreed

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Working...
                              X