No announcement yet.

SUSP: Front 5-lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes ^ got it correct. the '25T' is stamped on the bracket itself. you can try and run the 28T or another bracket. i just found that the 25T lined up the best when the rotor was installed.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

so the essentials are a pair of first gen knuckles from a van with the bearings and hubs attatched. Right? nothing else nothing needs to be modified for the lowerballjoints to fit? And will the stock cv axles be adequate

Comment

Hey Tim,

Did you have trouble with the rear spindles on your car? I read on Accordinglydone.com that some people have been driving around with half tightened spindle nuts on the rear and I also completely forgot you had written a DYI nearly 3 years back until I came across it again.

I'm definitely using this write up when I do my 5 lug conversion.

:edit:

Oh and I also heard that 1st gen NSX calipers will bolt right in as well.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

^ Im not tim. But I THINK that the prelude nut tightens enough for it to stake and not fall off how ever if TIM could chime in that would be better.

Comment

- i found out that odyssey bearing bolt pattern looks the same as the accord one but they do not line up they are just a little off.
            -the odyssey bearing outside diameter is bigger than the accord one, so it will not fit in the accord spindle
            -the outside diameter of the hubs are different as well, the prelude one is bigger.
            - the only way that this would work would be if you got the prelude hubs machined to fit the accord bearing.

hope this helps people who cant find the odyssey front knuckles and also i had a isuzu van come into my work and it is a odyssey with different badges but they are only in the states i forget what its called but if you look for one of them then you can get the front knuckles

Comment

Originally posted by slammed90ex-r
              - i found out that odyssey bearing bolt pattern looks the same as the accord one but they do not line up they are just a little off.
              -the odyssey bearing outside diameter is bigger than the accord one, so it will not fit in the accord spindle
              -the outside diameter of the hubs are different as well, the prelude one is bigger.
              - the only way that this would work would be if you got the prelude hubs machined to fit the accord bearing.

hope this helps people who cant find the odyssey front knuckles and also i had a isuzu van come into my work and it is a odyssey with different badges but they are only in the states i forget what its called but if you look for one of them then you can get the front knuckles
              You can still find front knuckles for the Odyssey either through:

Majestic Motors or even South Bay Honda

Junkyard (I know for a fact that those vans are a dime a dozen in junkyards).

Or you can even try haprecycling.com (one of the largest Honda recyclers probably in the country or the west coast).

Isuzu Oasis is basically a re badged Odyssey.

Of course you could not use the Accord knuckles hench the reason behind using the Odysseys in the first place.

Why machine parts when everything has already been tested and proven true in the first place?
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

i have only seen one odyssey in all the junk yards i have been to around my area, they are hard to find.

im just saying that odyssey parts will only fit if they are machined, some people were asking a while ago if the odyssey parts would fit the accord parts and i was just explaining that it would only work with machining. not saying that it is worth it

Comment

just thought id let you guys who cant find odyssey knuckles that you can use CD accord V6 knuckles also....same PN as the van knuckles.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                    ^ Im not tim. But I THINK that the prelude nut tightens enough for it to stake and not fall off how ever if TIM could chime in that would be better.
                    well i followed his DIY, they dont tighten all the way but enough to easily stake it. ive taken the wheel off a few times since then and its sill tight on there
                    FA1

Comment

bump for rehosted pics! sorry guys all my imagestation links transferred over to shutterfly so i need to redo all the links. let me know if there are any others needing a rehost.
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I tried 3 different ITR rear rotors and none fit.
                        dont know if anybody else has had that problem.
                        Tried rotors from Pep boys, NAPA, and Autozone.
                        I found one that fits tho...

Comment

i just finished mine today and i made the prelude rotors work with some modifications,
                          the itr rotors are deffinatly alot easier then making the prelude ones fit oh well its all done

Comment

AWESOME! My coworker bought a new civic si 4 door. he wants to get some rims for it, he offered them to me, no price yet, but they are mine if i want them. 17" rims... I cant pass it up, so I'm going to start researching this and hunting down parts. excellent write-up!

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

would this be easier???? NOt sure about quality or safeness though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...spagenameZWDVW
                              91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

Originally posted by 91-accord View Post
                                would this be easier???? NOt sure about quality or safeness though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...spagenameZWDVW
                                Nope...thats for a Mustang...not a Honda.
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                                X