CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 05-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
Shay91Racer
Contributing Member

Shay91Racer is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Shay91Racer
Bottom End Rebuilding

So I'm going to rebuild the bottom end on my coupe and have a few questions regarding the rebuild process. It blew a ring supposedly in the 3rd cylinder I'm going to double check before I start this to be sure.

The scenario of this conclusion is this: The car when I bought it, ran like a champ but had a burnt valve. Took the head off to get it fixed and since then, it's been smoking and has oil sitting on the 3rd piston now. I've been told it's because it blew out the ring. Mind you with the burnt valve that car was getting down like no tomorrow. I think it's the head being improperly rebuilt but then again I don't know. Anyone care to comment on that?

Anyways rebuilding the bottom end I was wanting to know a list of everything I should get. Can I rering the pistons that are there? Do I need to get new pistons? What about bearings? I'm not trying to build a monster, just trying to get it back running properly if the ring is the problem. So I need some help... it'll be my first time rebuilding and it's okay if it's a hit or miss thing. It's more so for the experience. If I mess anything up I'll just get another engine. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB
Shay91Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
CRX Toad
CB7tuner Member

CRX Toad is cool... so far.
If you have a local machine shop have them check the engine out. Most times they can tell you if what you have is good or not. IMO if the pistons are not cracked and they are not boring it out then you can ring the pistons you have and go on down the road. Also ask them to mic the clearances for the bearings. And with a hone most will attach a plate to the top of the motor for honing. I would tear it all down and take it to them. I know machine shop wants the block, crank, pistons and rods as part of there process but they do not care if it already disassembled and it saves me money.

I would get new head bolts, bearings, rod bolts, and all your gaskets and seals.
CRX Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #3
Shay91Racer
Contributing Member

Shay91Racer is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to Shay91Racer
okay.. anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB
Shay91Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bisimoto , f22 , jdm , piston , rebuild

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: