Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good choice man, the build looks promising
    what Turbo are you going with?

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
      good choice man, the build looks promising
      what Turbo are you going with?
      Im thinking of going with a GT30R

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
        Noooooooo don't do that!

If you are going to build the motor, you might as well go all out now. I thought about leaving the head alone, but I figured it would be pointless in the longrun for my power goals. I wanted my engine to be done with.

Whether I boost a conservative 8psi I want the engine to be bullet proof so when I get the "tick" to go far beyond that. My engine is rated to be able to handle boost pressures up to 45psi. I don't think I would max it to that, but it's nice to know that I can go that far if I wanted.
        S
        The stock h22 head depending on the turbo and as long as you have springs and retainers at a minimum is good for well over 700hp. This included on stock cams.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by slostjoe View Post
          Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          There's something wrong if that's all you're getting at 25psi.
          Comon' guys, i'm just giving an example not a realworld estimate and just threw that # out there...shit I could've said 65psi for the hell of it. I didn't say "if you boost 25PSI you'll make 450WHP"
          Well just wanted to clarify since I forgot lots of Noobs on this board (not directing this towards you) take every post too seriously on what people post...if it bothers you that much just tell me and I'll change the #'s around yeesh... I just don't need face quoting me without a reason on your claim. To me thats just like a slap in the face but I notice alot of people on this board like to bash or make fun of others without backing up their reasoning. Thanks d112crzy for backing up ur claim but yeah i agree now maybe 25psi wasn't good for the example but then again I just threw that # out there! haha It has to be a one really shitty tune otherwise.

I didn't say anything is wrong with stock H22a cams. I almost actually went and ordered JDM Type-S camshafts but couldn't pass up a deal on brand new Skunk2 Camshafts for $200. I got lucky coz the shop was going out of business due to the bad economy and the seller was getting rid of all his skunk2 stock. I just wished i hopped on the throttlebody...but I wanted to talk to my tuner as far as what they recommended what was best for the manifold I chose later. I didn't want too small or to little of a throttlebody.
          Last edited by Warudakumi; 11-05-2009, 06:44 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

I'm uploading a video of my head on youtube. I picked it up just recently from my machine shop TEM performance. Right now my fully built longblock is just staring me in the face in my garage. I really want to put the bastard in my CB...but I'm not sure quite yet. I may buy a 90-91 coupe and throw that in there to have one N/A car and one Turbo car since it would be a waste tearing my car apart as is since it's working real good and tuned. It's also my daily driver and again I can't afford too long of a downtime. I'm in the process of waiting for my ARP studs and ordering a Cometic headgasket. I'm also unsure what I want to do as far as the intake manifold.... I could go Skunk2 but I have another intake manifold in mind, but I want to see more dynocharts to justify it's price.
            Last edited by Warudakumi; 11-05-2009, 06:40 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
            1999 CL 3.0
            2000 Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
              I'm in the process of waiting for my ARP studs and ordering a Cometic headgasket. I'm also unsure what I want to do as far as the intake manifold.... I could go Skunk2 but I have another intake manifold in mind, but I want to see more dynocharts to justify it's price.

Use your stock Intake manifold we have made more power on OEM h22 manifolds than on the skunk or any other when the motor is boosted.

and skip the cometic gasket and go with OEM. Always go with an OEM honda headgasket.

member ride thread
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                Use your stock Intake manifold we have made more power on OEM h22 manifolds than on the skunk or any other when the motor is boosted.

and skip the cometic gasket and go with OEM. Always go with an OEM honda headgasket.
                Really? whats wrong with a cometic gasket? I heard nothing but good things about them and they are made to custom order.
                Last edited by Warudakumi; 11-05-2009, 08:24 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                1999 CL 3.0
                2000 Prelude

Comment

All the big pro guys, Tony from T1, Bisi, lisa kubo, etc all use OEM gaskets. They last longer than cometic and are designed to your specific blocks. Its also a better idea to have what some may concider a "weaker" gasket but thats the point. you want a gasket that will blow in the event of extreme detonation or other potentially catastrophic event. A stronger gasket will keep this in the cylinder and cause damage to very expensive parts. kinda a double edged sword.

member ride thread
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Just an update...I got my block back today, will post pics soon

Last edited by lilpat93accord; 02-16-2010, 03:01 PM. Reason: pics

Comment

pics of the block are up

Comment

Another great build for sure !
                        I also make the same.

good luck

Comment

awesome! Now go build that motor!
                          spin city

Comment

Originally posted by rykou View Post
                            Another great build for sure !
                            I also make the same.

good luck
                            make the same what?

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                            awesome! Now go build that motor!
                            well i gotta wait to build it, gotta send the head off, but it shouldn't take but a few weeks

Comment

Head is on it's way to Cali

Comment

Okay, after reading the thread, I have a couple questions. More or less to clarify things I suppose. I've got an H22 on order right now and want to boost it. From what I'm reading, rebuilding, porting and polishing the head is highly, highly recommended, right? What about the bottom end? Would it be a bad thing if I didn't build it up? I can squeeze a head redo into the budget, but the whole motor is a little beyond my means.

And while I'm at it, how much of a pain in the arse is it to install a turbo setup into the cb7 engine bay when it's got the H22 in there? Isn't the H22 a bit bigger than the F22? I'm sure the answer is in one of the other threads and I'll read up on it, I'm just being a bit lazy.
                                Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                                Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

Working...
                                X