Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Odd Transmission light behavior.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Transmission light behavior.

Hey everyone
    My '91 SE threw a transmission light when I was driving down the highway tonight, so when I pulled in the driveway, I shut it off and followed the procedure to check the light. I should note that the transmission was behaving normally, with no difference in quality or speed of shifts since I previously drove the car, which has been a couple days ago. Instead of a paperclip, I found a 2 pin connector and just twisted the wires together to short it. The S light stayed solid, and did not flash at all. The light went out after pushing the sports switch in and out a couple times and remained off after I turned it off, removed the connector and started the car, driving it around the block. Since it did not flash any codes, could the sports switch be broken? Upon restarting the car after removing the connector, I should add that the CEL and TCU lights lit up for their normal two seconds and then shut off per normal operation. Any ideas?
    MRT's:
    2001 Acura CL
    1991 Honda Accord SE

Originally posted by Bad_dude
    If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

Clean the S button and the area around it. You might have goo stuff that makes the button stuck and engage.

Comment

I drove it again today and the S light hasn't come on again. I'll take apart the shift selector and look at the switch- It's entirely possible that it is gummed up. Perhaps put some lithium grease or something like that on it.
      MRT's:
      2001 Acura CL
      1991 Honda Accord SE

Originally posted by Bad_dude
      If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

Comment

Working...
      X