Rust My Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust My Accord?

It already has pretty bad quarter rust spots and other little things that would make the body work pretty hard. I plan on getting another CB sometime this year with a better body.
    Should I rust it?
    Like this:
    Rust it!
    18.75%
    Don't Rust it!
    81.25%

The poll is expired.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
    "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Just because he made it look good doesn't mean you will. Chances are it will look like shit.

Comment

If the body is in rough shape (crappy aged paint, rust, and whatnot), why not? I'd like to see it on a cb7. I like the look of it, but never would do the entire car. It makes it look like it was acid dipped rather than just plain age. But you will see my cb eventually sporting a faux patina look.
      We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
      Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

It has terrible quarters. Rusted and dented almost to the doors.
        It has some hail damage on the roof. It's just not a great car to try to paint. Ya know?
        I think it'd be cool. I've never seen it on a CB either. If I didn't like it I could always sand it back down and paint it. The paint on it now is terrible anyways.
        I'm still thinking about it. I'm leaning more towards doing it though.

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

go for it! be one of a kind!
          visit vgruk

Comment

Most of the "rusted" looking cars you see are actually paint.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

If you want to look like a trendy fucking idiot tool, then by all means, go for it.

Comment

We dont rust cbs because most of us are trying to save them from rust.A rusty cb doesnt look good imo.Most cars that are "rusted out" usually dot catch heavy damaging rust like we do

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                  If you want to look like a trendy fucking idiot tool, then by all means, go for it.
                  Very nice comment man. Especially for a "gold member " with a civic that has black wheels with a chrome lip. You trying to call me trendy?
                  Lol

Comment

Not only will it look awful but the rust fad has LONG since passed, what are you going to do next? Altezza tails and an aluminum wing?
                    FA1

Comment

On the stance BMW, it was absolutely sick.

Can you make it work? Sure.

IIRC, he didn't actually rust it as it applied chemicals to give it that look, as rust takes quite a while obv.

Just don't get all butt hurt when people talk shit(like mikey) because iirc, the guy who did that bwm got A FUCKTON of flaming because people thought it was an abomination to do that to a good quality Luxury car.

So just be aware, if your asking for opinions, your going to get them.

My .02

Comment

it is actual rust, he just used some techniques to make it oxidize faster. i've seen people do everything from mix salt and beer and rub it on the car, to pissing all over their own car to make it rust.

as for if you should do it, go for it if you want to. just realize you will never be reasonably able to return it to paint. there will always be some rust left over that will eventually peek through.

IMO, the rust needs to be done to a car that is otherwise perfectly straight. It works as a great juxtaposition. if the car is already fucked, it doesnt have that contrast and just looks old and shitty. kinda like flat black lambos look amazing, but flat black s-10's just look primered and crappy.

on your car, i would go for it; i think you could pull it off well.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          On the stance BMW, it was absolutely sick.

Can you make it work? Sure.

IIRC, he didn't actually rust it as it applied chemicals to give it that look, as rust takes quite a while obv.

Just don't get all butt hurt when people talk shit(like mikey) because iirc, the guy who did that bwm got A FUCKTON of flaming because people thought it was an abomination to do that to a good quality Luxury car.

So just be aware, if your asking for opinions, your going to get them.

My .02
                          ohh yes at the local car show most thought it was kick ass and some gave him the I hope you die for ruining a car look and people would ask him is he crazy imgaine all the shit your going to get from the keyboard warriors out there.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

If you do decide on "rusting" your cb this should help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Iv42AOZIk

I say go for it!

^MRT^

Comment

the car in your picture was already totaled once, and rescued from the junkyard as a toy project. Don't rust your car. It'll look cool for a few pictures, if you have a good camera... then it'll start falling apart. Don't be an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                              X