No announcement yet.

Well grinder disk exploded....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I wasn't expecting all the love! Thanks guys I am doing a lot better lately it's been about 2 weeks since the injury happened and I'm getting some motor skills back more and more. There's not much pain from the cut more from the muscle damage.

Deev, yeah man this year blows bad. First the accident now I almost cut my hand off lmao.

The disk I used is what ever Home Depot sells with the red label. Used them plenty of times and never had a problem. I must have gotten a defective one. Sucks lol

my new turbo build

Comment

Glad that your doing better. Also man what a hell of a year you have had. Totaled the Accord on a stationary post and a grinder disc slicing your forearm/wrist all up.
      Last edited by Rilas; 11-14-2017, 01:19 PM.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

man, glad it wasn't worse.

Being left handed, I've always been tentative using angle grinders....a lot of times the shields don't rotate enough to properly be used left handed. Super sketchy especially cutting though some tough metal. And after having a small dremel cutting wheel shred on me recently, I can only imagine a larger grinding disc.

Comment

Jesus that's scary. I'm guessing it was one of the Diablo blades, which I believe are pretty good quality. I know their sawzall blades cut like butter, or Harbor Freight blades are just crap; probably both.

Is is possible the cause isn't necessarily a defect in the item, but rather how you were using it? E.g. were you cutting against the rotation of the wheel? I'll have to read up on this.
          My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
          Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
          Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
            Jesus that's scary. I'm guessing it was one of the Diablo blades, which I believe are pretty good quality. I know their sawzall blades cut like butter, or Harbor Freight blades are just crap; probably both.

Is is possible the cause isn't necessarily a defect in the item, but rather how you were using it? E.g. were you cutting against the rotation of the wheel? I'll have to read up on this.
            Usually with the skinny style disks I let them do the work is stead of adding pressure like you would With actual grinding. I'm almost positive it was a defective disk. I guess it's partly my fault too. I didn't really inspect the disk before opperation so that's my fault. Who knows probably could have prevented it.

my new turbo build

Comment

Dang that sucks. I had my first 4.5 disc explosion a couple weeks ago, and it was 100% my fault. I've been using HF discs for years without a problem. I had dropped the grinder on the disc while moving stuff around and forgot about it, next time I turned on the grinder the disc blew apart, before reaching top speed. Got lucky, nothing got damaged.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Ouch!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Well it's healing up kinda nice still some what hard to move around and grip things. I have good range of movement but crappy gripping force lol

my new turbo build

Comment

But you have a sweet scar, and that's a plus.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

... and functionality of your hand.
                      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

If your worried about your gripping strength, I would recommend buying a Powerball by NSD. It's something designed to directly work on gripping strength. Also glad to see that more or less that your back to full functionality with your hand.
                        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                        X