Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i am back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am back

my last login was
    You last visited: 01-14-2014 at 03:15 PM

but i finally got another accord

this time coupe 2dr 5spd
    picked it up for 250$ was said to have bad compression and burnt oil ring in 4th cyl

well 1 day after owning it's head is now in my basement 1 chipped valve completely done exhaust valve.. saved from the wreckers become a washing machine tin can

but block looks cyl are like new great for 300km it looks perfect pistons look new still abit of carbon here and there but mostly great

now to the parts store to get a valve tommorow
    do the f22 f23 h22 h23 all share the same size exhaust valves
    can get a deal on used valve but would like to know if they fit

well it looks like f22 and f23 share same valve sizes. from my research it seems the v6 is the same as well and when i called honda dealer locally it was 14$ cnd
    he did not ask me if it was a 4cyl or v6 only manual or auto ???? (does that make sense no) so that kinda confirms what i was thinking that there the same

1+ to honda dealer that had parts cheaper than my local napa auto parts 45$ for 2 min order is 2. and oem honda at that still amazed at how perfect everything is at 320 000km, looks like the valve seals on cyl 1 # just sarted leaking so gonna change them but this is a if its not broke dont fix type budget

so i will be re use the head gasket that came off looking great like it just came out of a new package lol not broke (will be doing a first try with the aerosal type copper gasket from napa ) so will let you all know how that goes

when i got it there was no headgasket leak in it coolant or oil detected, if it doesnt work then i will get a new headgasket but budget right now is none

waiting for EI benifits to come in been off work for 2 months rrr truck broke down 2003 6.0l diesel crewcab 4 door f250 3/4 ton. and cost to fix it is unkown but 1 sensor for that Ford M**F* is 240$ and that didnt fix it so when this honda accord came along going to scrap yard well it seemed that it would be cheaper to get this honda fixed for now

well waiting for dealer to call to pickup the valve

Comment

Use a new head gasket.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

i will i plan on take the head back off in a month or 2 when i have cash flow and replace the other 7 exhaust valves atleast but for now i have some permatex aerosol copper headgasket spray and this is what the stuff is for so i plan on reuse the gasket and retorqu it to same specs with the copper spary in there it should be good to go will let everyone know tommorow morning gonna pull a not going to bed tell the head is back on and it starts tonight

the knock sensor on the back of the block was completely rusted away from the bolt part and hanging in the air wonder if that had to do with it breaking the one valve ??

Comment

Working...
        X