Is silicone grease ok on poly bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is silicone grease ok on poly bushings

I ordered some ES poly bushings. One came with grease. The other kit i got for the radius rod did not and there isn't enough to go around from other kit. What kind of grease should i use? I am assuming silicone grease will work.

Yeah. The kit should come with silicone grease

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Yeah. The kit should come with silicone grease
      Yeah was a little shocked to find none in the box. I got some silicone grease i will use though. I read the grease that ES provides is a better mixture. Who knows though.

Comment

It’ll be okay. Just check on them when doing oil changes.

Comment

What bushings did you get? If it is one of the black bushing kits, some of them are graphite infused and do not require grease.

ES FAQ

Originally posted by energysuspension.com

What kind of grease should I use before product installation?

Answer: We recommend Energy Suspension's Formula 5 Prelube. This is included in most kits which require lubrication and additional Prelube may be purchased from your local Energy Suspension authorized dealer. If you are unable to use our Formula 5 Prelube, we suggest using a synthetic, water resistant marine-grade grease for optimum lubrication and retention. Energy's Formula 5 Prelube may be purchased in bulk for commercial shop use.
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-21-2018, 09:31 AM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            What bushings did you get? If it is one of the black bushing kits, some of them are graphite infused and do not require grease.

ES FAQ
            Got the black ones for all the poly bushings from ES.

Comment

Working...
            X