Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Literally WTF is this crap in the coolant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally WTF is this crap in the coolant.

The van is out of commission for while, so I picked up a 95 Accord really cheap. I knew it had problems but I felt I could take care of most them last weekend. Well, I continued working on it this weekend. I couldn't get the heater to blow hot air. After a couple of flushes I assumed the heater core was clogged with something. While using my laser thermometer I noticed the temp drop in a section of coolant hose away from the heater inlet and outlet pipes on the firewall. The hoses affected were both hoses before and after the heater valve. Look at this SHIT!!! The car is all good now, but seriously what is this stuff? Head gasket sealer?

Kinda looks like copper stop leak. Maybe the previous order started getting BHG problems and put it in as a bandaid to sell the car. Common problem.

Drain all the coolant. Check all of the lines that hold coolant. Check for signs of a blown head gasket.

Good luck

Comment

Your car poo'd

Comment

DexCool has been known to turn into sludge when poured into a vehicle using green coolant already. Check it out on YouTube and you will see, maybe last owner poured DexCool because that is all he had at hand and caused that chemical reaction in the system.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

it looks like a wet poop! Hahaha!

Looks like dexcool or blown head gasket to me. Is it gritty or slick?

Comment

Sorry to double post, but this made my day man. I'm laughing so hard

Comment

Working...
            X