Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake lights all dont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The indicator (to let me know the brake light is out) on the gauge cluster is not illuminated. Could that still be the brake light switch causing her to not have brake lights?

Comment

The power and ground wires are in the harness which lead to the connector at the tail light. Use a volt meter to determine you have power to the power wire (see your manual) and use a proper ground, do you get 12V ? (make sure the brake is on). If not, work your way back to the switch, then to the fuse box...

Comment

Sorry for the lack of part name but, I remember when I installed my red/clears there was a little brown switch inside the brake lamp itself which was dead. I think it's called the brake light relay? I cannot remember the name but it is a brown relay type box.
        Anybody know the part name/#? I have the honda oem bag sitting on my desk at home but I am at work right now.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...2)&vinsrch=yes

37540-SM4-A01 025 001 SENSOR, STOP LAMP FAILURE 38.00 26.60

37540-SM4-003 026 001 SENSOR, STOP LAMP FAILURE 38.00 26.60

One is left & one is for the right side. (Lol I forget which is which.) I called Honda last time before I ordered mine.
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Today we tested the Brake Light Switch, and replaced it with the one from my sedan.

Only getting .15-.25Volts to the tail lights Just before the harness. Near tail light
            Battery and Fuse 12.Volts
            Running lights have 11.35Volts Just before harness. Near tail light

Grounds are good. because they worked for the running light tests just fine. same ground.

What could cause this?

Comment

I would rewire the whole rear end using the power source from my 3rd brake light, if it was getting 12v. But I found that I wasn't getting 12v using a multi- meter.

It's losing power somewhere from the Brake Light Switch> to my tail-lights. I believe.

Really Don't want to have to take it to a shop.

Why is it losing power?? I'm just trying to understand why the brake lights don't work so I can get my GF's car back on the road saftly.

Comment

Have you replaced anything before you swapped out the tail lights? Did you kink any wire when doing the install? That amount of voltage tells me it's encountering some kind of resistance whether there is a small cut in the wire and it's grounding itself out or there is a lot of corrosion somewhere.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Ug, did you look at the brake switch? ie - take it out...?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    Ug, did you look at the brake switch? ie - take it out...?
                    Yes, we took out her old brake switch, put in the Brake Switch from my sedan that we know works. still nothing. Then we flipped the back seat down, got down to the harness near the driver side rear shock tower, still didn't have power to the brakes. It's been a week and we still cant figure what it is that is causing this.
                    Running lights work
                    Blinkers work
                    reverse lights work
                    no Brake Lamp failure light on dash..

Comment

Just gonna take it to a shop. I'll let you guys know what it was if they can find it

Comment

Originally posted by alex_eats_rice View Post
                        Just gonna take it to a shop. I'll let you guys know what it was if they can find it
                        Well, I'm hereto help if ya need it. If it's cold out though ya. sucks. Plus the shop has all the wiring diagrams too.

Comment

Today we put the car into Alaska Import Service & Repair, to get the no brake lights problem fixed.

The main wiring Harness in the rear between the back seat & Trunk, and the tail lights somehow came apart.
                          $170 later, my GF has functioning Brake lights.

We think when taking the housing out (to put Red/Clears), I may have unknowingly pulled the harness connection apart ever so slightly.

Just went for a drive, stopped to check tail lights, and they didn't light up!!
                          Checked the Main Harness behind the back seat where the mechanic showed me was un plugged, The harness is Zip Tied together so it wont come loose, but yet it didn't light up..
                          we pushed the harness in hard and the Brake Lights work again. Going to have to find a way to secure it even tighter.

Comment

Sounds like you got yourself a loose wire or pin. I bet if you pulled the wire behind the plug, one will pop out
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Connection for the harness by the back seat ?? I though it was a straight run to the connector by the taillight?

Comment

Working...
                              X