No announcement yet.

EXT : installing OEM window visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my drivers side front run channel will not go in all the way because of the clips blocking it. ill have to redo that side i guess and push the few clips up further.
    Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    Lube your run channels with silicone lube.it helps and also make sure the trim is pushed Is all the way. Later.

Comment

Bump from the dead, but my rear OEM visors have a clip that seems to go into the stationary glass on the door. How is that clip installed? Not that I can't figure it out, but it'd probably be a nice chunk of info to add to the DIY.

Comment

You also forgot to add that you need to cut little outlets for the clips.this might solve the window rolling up problems. I've seen it cut out at the junk yard.

Comment

Nice. How do you know there oem? What's the difference?

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroiKinCB View Post
            Nice. How do you know there oem? What's the difference?
            you can tell by the way they fit, if you are used to looking at them, but also they say ''honda'' on them. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Hate to bump this but I spent a good hour trying to get the driver side on without success. The top clips fit, but the clip on the side stops the window from rolling up. I remove it but the window pops out of the track when it gets 95% shut.

Any extra advice would be very much appreciated. I might try the rear windows tomorrow morning, but if not I fear I may have to take it to someone to have installed

Comment

some clips you have to bend the arms back or use a needle nose to open the split finger in the arm. they should catch on the inside of the door frame to allow the rubber to seat properly along the top edge. its just something you have to play with because there isnt one set case/way that will work for everyone.
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

some people trim the rubber to fit. i've taken plenty of them off in the junkyard that had the cutouts. i didn't want to do that and just spent more time fitting the clips and pressing the rubber trim. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                    some people trim the rubber to fit. i've taken plenty of them off in the junkyard that had the cutouts. i didn't want to do that and just spent more time fitting the clips and pressing the rubber trim. later.
                    I ended up getting them to fit this morning. The rubber trim around my driver window has been messed up since I got the car, which is why I was stuck. Honestly I took a hammer (aka The Persuader) and a flat-head screwdriver to pound the clips in. Sufficed to say I won't be reusing these visors on another car.

I think the 4 windows seal properly. Took a drive around and didn't hear any issues

Comment

Working...
                    X