Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F23A vtec topped @ 180kph!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23A vtec topped @ 180kph!!!

You heard me ryt.. i was cruising to work saturday morning,,, so i tried pushing my F23 to the limit... and then bamm...it topped @ 180 @ 5500 rpm... i was just wonderin' @1st to 3rd gear my rpm can go all the way to 6500rpm.. but on the 4th only 5500rpm?? is there any way i can upgrade.. the engine so i can atleast reach 200kph?? and not so expensive upgrade..

Yes, try going downhill with a tail wind. Free mod.

I/H/E, cam, tune is about the least expensive you can get and you won't truly benefit until all of them are obtained.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

maybe your ecu is governing your speed, 180 is only 111 mph. Ive had my f22a1 automatic up to 130mph on the highway and it was still pulling. (PT6 Ecu)

However once above about 80mph speedometers aren't very accurate.
      Last edited by illinois_erik; 12-02-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

You more than likely need a tuned ECU. If the stock limiter is working you will not make it past 115mph or 186kph. You can get modifications, but you'll just get to that speed faster without going over.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Just keep in mind that if your car isn't specifically built to handle speeds like that, you'd be wise not to drive that fast. These are old cars. Speeds that high are risky

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Just keep in mind that if your car isn't specifically built to handle speeds like that, you'd be wise not to drive that fast. These are old cars. Speeds that high are risky
            Thats the truth, I touched it and then let off the accelerator, one little hiccup can spell disaster. Deer..other drivers not paying attention. Luckily it was early saturday morning so it was empty for the most part. But the "what ifs" were going thru my mind, just tapping the brake or having to turn abruptly would've been bad news. When i dismantled my SE and harvested the rear subframe and saw how shot my trailing arm bushings were I kicked myself for the dumbassery.

Comment

I've taken my own car to 120mph. I did so on improperly matched (but new) springs and shocks, old crap tires, original suspension bushings, cheap brakes... I'm certainly guilty of being stupid! I was lucky, as were most of us. I've known a few CB7tuners to crash while being stupid. Fortunately, most survived.
              Honestly, if you can't go over 100mph on a drag strip, you have no reason to go that fast. Ever.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but I don't want to see anyone else crash!

Comment

I had mine at 225 kph, that was a little scary, it was not on stock suspension, but still, as Gote said, its an old car...

But scary as it is, the car was very stable on 205mm wide tires (Sorry im not sure how you measure your tires in the states)
                Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
                  (Sorry im not sure how you measure your tires in the states)
                  lol

Metric/Percentage/Imperial (US customary)
                  205/55/15

Comment

I got up past 130 in North Dakota with a GPS. Maybe close to 140. Idk where it tops out with the H.
                    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                      lol

Metric/Percentage/Imperial (US customary)
                      205/55/15
                      Ah well, my bad.

I got the same specs actually but on 16" OZ Lightweight rims.

I've pushed a BB6 Lude with a JDM H22A to almost 240 kp/h, i can imagine the CB7 would hit the same speeds.
                      Last edited by CB7Denmark; 12-10-2014, 09:41 AM.
                      Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Working...
                      X