07 Acura TL Type-S (UA7) 6MT Clutch Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 Acura TL Type-S (UA7) 6MT Clutch Problem

I seem to be having a clutch dragging/engagement issue on my 07 6MT UA7.

I cannot shift into gears and it feels like the clutch pedal is only half engaging. Feels like a readjustment of the pedal is needed but also told it could be a faulty slave cylinder. Here are my symptoms.

1) Clutch engagement is really low / close to floor.
    2) Clutch can be pressed to floor but won't go in gear (locked, due to maybe 3).
    3) Seems like clutch pedal needs to be adjusted because when it is pressed all the way to the floor it is only half way engaged.
    4) Clutch fluid is topped up with OEM clutch fluid & there is no leaks found.
    5) No grinds, no slipping, new transmission installed last fall; new clutch and flywheel installed 12 months ago. All OEM.
    6) Car shifts fine into gear when car is off.
    7) I will have to turn car off sometimes to get into gear, and car will jump forward like I'm releasing the clutch but yet I still have the pedal fully pressed. (goes back to #3, feels like when clutch is fully pressed it's only half engaged)
    8) Clutch pedal squeaks as in video (not sure if that makes a difference).

What do you think guys?
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

It really sounds like there is a bit of air in the lines. Those are nearly verbatim the symptoms of a hydraulic clutch system that needs to be bled.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I just got a call from the shop and they say it's a bad clutch slave cylinder but also a bad clutch pedal and the clutch pedal is backorderered until the end of August. How can you even break a clutch pedal?!?! Whatt lol.
      Current:
      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Yeah, I'd really like to know the answer to that one, too.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

To my knowledge I've NEVER known a clutch pedal to go bad.

It sounds like you have a bad slave cylinder. I had an issue with a CB that I bought as a beater last summer. Similar symptoms as you stated.

I changed out the slave cylinder and boom the problem was fixed.

All Honda hydralic clutches are similar in the design. I would find out how and what broke on the pedal..unless they mean the CMC which is a rarity unless the car has a high miles.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
          X