No announcement yet.

2008 Skyline Pics and Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the design of the vehicle. Just to expensive for me.
    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18
      Why not just take a civic chassis and build that up for a cheaper price then the r32 then? Old car v.s new car, kinna hard to compare them as they are not really apples to apples. And I agree on the fact that its a Z platform based car with twin turbo and AWD. Is there anything that makes it stand out from the cars its made to compete against?

Is the price even released? I do not think they will be in the 90K range, and if they do they are not smart in the head because the majority of the American people would not pay that much for a Nissan sports car even if its the Skyline.

Who knows, with the recent tuner scene from Mitsubishi and Subaru with their STi and Evos there might be potential buyers who want something better then those but couldn't afford the Ferraris or Lambos.

Lots of carbon fiber goodies

I think that Nissan knows that this car isn't worthy of being called a Skyline for some reason but thats me. If it would it could but why GT-R? Is it trying to follow the path of the higher end cars with its letters and numbers or something else?
      i would love to see a civic and a skyline with similar modifications done go head to head. the civic would be absolutely SLAUGHTERED. you need to spend way more time, money, and expell more effort to make a civic handle horsepower, go around corners, and stop quickly all at once. even with twenty grand invested into a civic, it could not hold its own against a skyline with twenty grand invested, even ten thousand. there is NO comparison WHAT SO EVER between a civic and a skyline. NONE. even the type M platform, there is no comparison. the civic was made to be an economy car. the skyline was made to go fast. i would rather compare a 'new skyline' to an old skyline, then a skyline to a civic, of all things.

the new skylines will not be cheap, to say the least. look at what they will be competing with. porche 911's, corvettes, exotics and the like, no new supercar comes cheap. good old ones dont come cheap either. fucking clean r34's still sell for over 80g's, so HOW can you expect a new GTR to sell for less? this new GTR will have to prove its worth, maybe it will be able to earn its own spot in the history books, underneath the r32, r33 and r34 platforms.
      Last edited by Dv8; 10-14-2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
        fucking clean r34's still sell for over 80g's, so HOW can you expect a new GTR to sell for less?
        Something tells me the original MSRP of the R34 was nowhere near 80 grand (9.5million Yen). The price people pay today is due to its rarity, demand, and importation costs. those things will not be factored into the new skylines price

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
          the new skylines will not be cheap, to say the least. look at what they will be competing with. porche 911's, corvettes, exotics and the like, no new supercar comes cheap. good old ones dont come cheap either. fucking clean r34's still sell for over 80g's, so HOW can you expect a new GTR to sell for less? this new GTR will have to prove its worth, maybe it will be able to earn its own spot in the history books, underneath the r32, r33 and r34 platforms.
          Originally posted by Accord R33
          Something tells me the original MSRP of the R34 was nowhere near 80 grand (9.5million Yen). The price people pay today is due to its rarity, demand, and importation costs. those things will not be factored into the new skylines price
          they originally cost just under 50 grand. inflations a bitch.

no, the fact of the r34 being expencive will not factor in, but, what the car is competing with will, and things like productions costs.

im just using this as an example; corvettes, in my opinion are the best priced 'supercar' on the market. they retail for around 50 g's. why are they so cheap? due to the simple nature of the car. no powerful computer. v8. no super fancy interior options. rear wheel drive. not much to the body. the simplicity keeps manufacturers costs down, which keeps the consumers cost down.

the new skylines, are FAR from simple. they have a computer that could think for all of you. a very advanced all wheel drive system. will have all sorts of neat electronic gadgets, two snails, no traditional transmission either, paddle or computer controlled shifting. and seeing as its an infinity platform, the interiors will probably be cushy. theres a lot more going on in this car then a vette.

if this car doesnt retail for a significant amount, ill be nothing short of amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
            im just using this as an example; corvettes, in my opinion are the best priced 'supercar' on the market. they retail for around 50 g's. why are they so cheap? due to the simple nature of the car. no powerful computer. v8. no super fancy interior options. rear wheel drive. not much to the body. the simplicity keeps manufacturers costs down, which keeps the consumers cost down.
            my thinking would be that corvettes are "cheap" because they use a standard gm approach to everything but the engine. i.e., the interior leaves a lot to be desired...

as far as pricing, we're all just speculating. but given that a fully loaded infiniti g35 coupe has an msrp right around 40k, one would think that whatever this car is going to be called would be at least 10k more.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
            X