Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tinting FAQ'S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeh. you can buy window cleaner that is non ammonia-based that cleans, in my opinion better that is just fine for tinted window
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

I'm sure plenty of people will find this very useful.
      You should however add that tinted windows are safer in an accident, because the window will not shatter all over you, but instead shatter and stick to the tint. (I was t-boned in my '92 on the driver's side and the window shattered, then fell out onto the street)

As far as being able to see at night, I have no problems in my CB (15% all around). I do have to roll all the windows down in my truck when backing up a trailer at night though.

I vote sticky as well.

Just add some pics showing the various shades and what not.
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

took everyone advice and added a few things to the thread check out the updates and let me know what you think
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

added to the Ultimade Guide for Beginners Library

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
            added to the Ultimade Guide for Beginners Library
            thank you im glad my time will be put to use

Comment

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
              Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
              Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
              Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

bump been quiet a few months since my making of this thread

Comment

Going to be very helpfull when i strip my tint for a refreshed job.

Any chance you know some where online to get the nice squeegee? The Teflon ones?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rcdreamer View Post
                    Going to be very helpfull when i strip my tint for a refreshed job.

Any chance you know some where online to get the nice squeegee? The Teflon ones?

Robert
                    you can always check a cleaning supply store or search around online tons of sites sell them i cant think of any off the top of my head though

Comment

Originally posted by MethodFX View Post
                      Llumar has a new Ceramic film now which is better than the metallic. the ceramic also wont mess up cellphone or radio reception. - imma tinter
                      I can testify to this as I have vehicles with the dyed, metallic, and ceramic. The ceramic tint is like night and day especially on leather seats in Arizona. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend the ceramic film.

Comment

Hey guys,
                        I want to tint my own car. I saw 5mm thick security tint on Ebay and precut for our CB7s.
                        My question is, I park out on the street. I don't have a garage or the car port to put my car under after tinting. Do I have to keep my car out of the sun for certain amount of time to allow the tint to cure? Or could I just apply the tint in the shade and then park outside afterward without problem?

Thanks.

Comment

What kind of tint do you guys recommend in buying? or is there a reputable seller I should go to? It's getting really hot here and I've read some people get tint film for as low as $20 and do it them selves. What should I watch out for if I decide to go down that path? or should I not consider it at all?

Comment

Working...
                          X