Making a homemade turtle filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a homemade turtle filter

Alright I am looking for some advice I have designed my own turtle filter and I want to know if this is a good combination of cleaning devices or if it is to many cleaning items.

First the water will be drawn through the filter watting (like the cotton ball stuff) than down through filter sponge than down through media balls than down through filter sponge again than down through carbon than finally down through another sponge. All this will be layered with littler plastic shelves that are drilled with holes. The water will be drawn through by a powerhead.

Let me know what you think.
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

I don't see why that wouldn't work, don't a lot of fish filters and stuff have charcoal to help with the filtering?

Comment

Yeh the charcoal filters the smell and color. the others catch all the dirt and turtle dirt lol.

I've been watching peoples set ups on youtube and I decided I would try one for myself lol
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

when it comes to turtles...theres no hope hahaha

i had the top of the line filter i could possibly buy...3 small RES turtles would just destroy the fuck out of that tank!!!! the water would be murky brown after just a day...and the smell....wow, do those lil buggers stink!

good luck with the filter set up!!!! hope it works!!!
        ..[CB7][STAR]..
        MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
          when it comes to turtles...theres no hope hahaha

i had the top of the line filter i could possibly buy...3 small RES turtles would just destroy the fuck out of that tank!!!! the water would be murky brown after just a day...and the smell....wow, do those lil buggers stink!

good luck with the filter set up!!!! hope it works!!!
          Yeh i have one of the better filters and i want to see how this works before i decide to get rid of my curent one. I only have on RES and i know how messy he is

Comment

Working...
          X