• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lazy Lounge - Canadian Member Lounge

Lounge for us to talk whatever about.
    Blah blah blah. Lalallalala.

Get the point?
    But at least make sense haha.

So how did everyone prepare for winter this season?
    Meh, who is gamer on here? (This leads to many questions & discussions......

I like igloos and shit.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

It's snowing in Halifax...

I'm not looking forward to the commute home. People drive like asshats around here and often don't seem to understand the concept of a proper following distance. How hard is it to understand that stopping 2 feet behind the car in front of you at a light is a BAD IDEA?? You just know if they get hit from behind and slide into you that they will act like it's not their fault.

Plus, the city is going to throw down as much salt as there is snow on the ground which makes my poor CB rust.

On the upside, snow reminds me that I need to adjust my parking brake.

Comment

Ugh...

My commute home today which normally takes 30 min max took THREE BLOODY HOURS!!!

It would have been faster to walk home and then get my car tomorrow by other means. No exaggeration.

Comment

ball sack, that is all.

thank you for your time

A & A Auto Service
        Pro-Spec
        TorontoJDM
        "Driven daily, or not at all"

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBucket View Post
          It's snowing in Halifax...

I'm not looking forward to the commute home. People drive like asshats around here and often don't seem to understand the concept of a proper following distance. How hard is it to understand that stopping 2 feet behind the car in front of you at a light is a BAD IDEA?? You just know if they get hit from behind and slide into you that they will act like it's not their fault.

Plus, the city is going to throw down as much salt as there is snow on the ground which makes my poor CB rust.

On the upside, snow reminds me that I need to adjust my parking brake.
          Snow here in the GTA also on Friday. Some people are idiots when driving. And I totally agree with you that SOOOO many people go right in people's asses. And they don't understand why people are going slower. But this leads to a long story.

1) If the weather is bad, people are going to drive slower on average.
          2) If your blocking the left/passing lane and you CAN move to the right side but you are NOT. Then yes you will be tailgated and should move over. But you shouldn't be in there asshole.
          3) Then you got some people who just drive slow for no apparent fucking reason. Usually old people, not joking.

But hey. I blame the driver education system here. It's terrible. I passed all my drivers test with GREAT EASE. The G test I didn't even take any classes for, I knew what was going to happen and was even over prepared. Look at the driver education system in Europe.

Here is what I think they should improve here:
          1) Mandatory winter tires. This is a no brainer, Quebec started in 2008. And we should start also. All provinces.
          2) More advanced requirements and stricter minimum requirements to get certain types of licenses. For example aren't required to know how to drive in the city versus in the country, what about night time and day time driving, power limits on vehicles. At least make it mandatory for people to know how to avoid accidents! -____-
          3) After you get your full license every 5 or 10 years you go back for a road test. Especially if your older than 60. On average, older drivers can't see, can't hear, and can't make decisions as fast as other drivers. And TRUST me I've had me unfortunate experiences with them. Even my father is getting worse as he comes up to 60 soon. He is parking slanted, driving in the middle of lanes, and getting a lot more stubborn when driving getting the idea that I've been driving for X amount of years and he doesn't need to careful/safe as regular drivers.

That's just my .02 on that.

Side story: I was heading to school Friday and a car almost clipped me. I'll try to describe it the best way I can lol. Approaching a 4 way intersection with lights and the light is green. I am going straight thru the intersection. East and west have 2 lanes and north and south of one lane each way. I am heading east in the left lane. The intersection has left turn only lanes, dur. It is a stale green and everyone is behind me and I am in the left lane (not left only) again. I can see people facing east waiting for the chance to turn left, I come up to the intersection closer and it is still stale green. This next all happened in a second or two. I noticed a van from the other direction heading west wanting to turn left and it was stopped. It suddenly JUMPED to try and beat me before I could pass the intersection which I was already over the crosswalk. (Really close call) Due to a previous accident very similar to this I religiously watch people turning left when going straight thru the intersection. I moved to the right instantly and slammed my horn. No one was beside me and surprisingly I didn't lose control or have a lot of body roll. I was going at least 60kph. That's pretty much it. They probably couldn't see me coming and just guessed and when for it. But they didn't creep out and look they just went boom. And I saw they slammed on the brakes as the whole weight shifted in the van. I was lucky. Fuck I hate driving in traffic. I'm living in the country or suburbs when I'm older lol.

/end rant.
          Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

anyone here watch modern family? or big bang theory?...just torented a couple seasons and been power watching them...funniest shit on TV let me tell you

A & A Auto Service
            Pro-Spec
            TorontoJDM

Comment

keep hearing modern family is the shit, gotta give it a try...streaming post-megavideo is such a hassle, found a season of initial D when i was cleaning this week and power watched that, anyone else heard of it? lmao jdm as fuck
              IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

^ inital d? lol man ive been waiting for stage 5 for like a year now its a good watch man all stages, half stages and even the live action

A & A Auto Service
                Pro-Spec
                TorontoJDM

Comment

Posted this on Facebook, but here we go.
                  Initial D Stage 5?

Current:

Past:

Comment

The Denim Lounge?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Aww yeah denim lounge for sure.....

Current:

Past:

Comment

winter driving sucks in montreal, everyone on the road is insane. im terrified for my CB, ended up buying a ford freestyle for winter (loooong drives to the office)

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

I know lol. I used to drive Toronto go to school in the fall. It was bad then.
                          I switched schools so now school is local. No way I am driving the the morning rush hour in a snow storm in any car. Fuck that lol.

Driver training must be improved and more strict.
                          Current:

Past:

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater

hey guys plz vote for me using likes, its not about me winning parts anymore...to be honest i just dont want another civic to win
                            Last edited by Jukesbox; 02-12-2012, 03:08 AM.

A & A Auto Service
                            Pro-Spec
                            TorontoJDM

Comment

Originally posted by Jukesbox View Post
                              http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater

hey guys plz vote for me using likes, its not about me winning parts anymore...to be honest i just dont want another civic to win
                              holy civics

New heart and soul H22A4
                              Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
                              Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
                              Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

Working...
                              X