Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle problem?

Hey,
    My cb7 has an rpm idle problem. It revs below and above 1000rpm but there's no cel light on or anything. An when I'm a a light stopped it seems like the car is almost as if its going to turn off what should I do? Any way to fix it maybe some spray or something?
    Thanks,
    Antonio

Have you done anything new to the vehicle recently?

If not you can start by removing the FITV (if you are running one) and making sure the white plastic screw is completely tight.

If you know someone who can tune and they are not evil and ask money, I recommend asking them to check your IACV, they can do this in crome with an emulator or any of the other nice tuning software. There may also be other ways to check it, but I don't know them because I use the software.

Anyway have them adjust the duty cycle all the way up and down to make sure the iacv responds (You should be able to hear and see rpm changes), if it does not replace the iacv.

Finally you can start the idle setup from the beginning, I do not like telling people to do this, because 99% of the time if you have an oem tb the throttle screw will still be marked exactly where it was when honda set your idle. This means you would be attempting to fix an issue that happened elsewhere by adjusting your idle set screw.

This means you want to jump the cel, then set base idle, and while you are at it might as well check base timing.

Base idle should be 600 rpm for manual and I don't remember what it should be for auto but it should be set with the iacv disconnected.

If none of this works contact dj_ender he is obsessed with his idle and texts me to let me know when his changes by 50 rpm.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
    X