Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

plug wire blown off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plug wire blown off

As I was test driving my car yesterday my plug wire on cylinder 4 blew off. I have a 92 accord ex with a f22a1 what could cause this

maybe its leaking air around the threads and its building pressure from the piston

Comment

How would I fix that just tighten it up

Comment

try some new spark plugs.

Comment

Ok. Should I also put anti-sez on them to help make it more air tight

Comment

Also could timing make a difference or cause this to happen

Comment

antiseeze is so they don't become lodged in there and you can't get them back out. Nothing to do with being air tight. The other thing that keeps them airtight besides the threads is the crush washer. They are designed to be crushed once. If you remove them and reinstall the spark plugs, they could leak

Comment

and no, i don't see how your timing being off would have anything to do with this. Your spark plugs shouldn't be getting any pressure in there unless the spark plug is leaking air. NO matter how good or how poorly your car is running

Comment

Alright thanks for the advice I'll give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by ray719 View Post
                    How would I fix that just tighten it up
                    Just try tightening it up first, THEN if it still does it, remove the plug and see if the ceramic part spins freely inside the metal housing. There's no need to run right out and buy a new plug, yet.
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yes why spend 10$ to make sure it is done right.

You do not want to over torque your spark plugs.

Go to the store and buy some ngk, then use a properly calibrated torque wrench to torque them to the correct specs.

You are screwing a steal plug into an aluminum head, guess which one wins the battle.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

also for the wire to pop off probably means you are running non honda or non ngk wires.

I never recommend this.

Even 20 year old junk yard wires are better and more reliable then bosch premium wires and random ones from auto stores.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                          also for the wire to pop off probably means you are running non honda or non ngk wires.

I never recommend this.

Even 20 year old junk yard wires are better and more reliable then bosch premium wires and random ones from auto stores.
                          You havent learned how to use the edit button yet???

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                            Just try tightening it up first, THEN if it still does it, remove the plug and see if the ceramic part spins freely inside the metal housing. There's no need to run right out and buy a new plug, yet.
                            spark plugs are cheap. Id maybe check to see if its loose, but if its tight, i wouldn't try reefing it down. Id rather spend 2 dollars on a new spark plug

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy22 View Post
                              spark plugs are cheap. Id maybe check to see if its loose, but if its tight, i wouldn't try reefing it down. Id rather spend 2 dollars on a new spark plug
                              No one said to "reef" it. why spend money if all that is needed is a simple tightening? That's my point, people throw money at parts, generally without testing them to find out if they are bad in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X