Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

high quality clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high quality clothing?

know of any brands that are made well? i find most average new clothes these days have poor stitching, strings hanging off, and and generally tear easy. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Well for work pants I bought these robuck and co jeans from sears for $20 and they ripped up in aweek of cleaning pools.

Bought $12 arizona jeans on sale and they still hold up to muriatic acid and chlorine. I end up wearing them outside of work.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I've always been a fan of Carhartt when it came to quality/durability.

Comment

The replies imply workwear, but your question leads me to believe you were insinuating nicer clothes.

I exclusively wear Seven for all Mankind jeans. The stitching on them is without flaw. It is done as straight as can possibly be and margins to hems are kept consistent. It's more or less their claim to fame. Where two pieces of fabric are joined there is absolutely zero bunching on either side. On their newer pairs they've started making the waist and seat fabric with 2% spandex to allow flex. Nowhere near what you'd think, but just enough so that they have some give.

They're not cheap, though. Buying a new pair will cost between $165-225 in most stores. They will be your favorite article of clothing if you bought a pair, though. I was hooked 7 years ago and now I have around 20 pair.
        Last edited by Jarrett; 11-24-2012, 02:57 AM.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://m.duluthtrading.com/store/mens-home.aspx

Durable clothes. I love their pants with extra crotch space.

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
            I've always been a fan of Carhartt when it came to quality/durability.
            Carhartt and Wrangler. I wear Cinch which is a nice wrangler look but a little dressier. And pearl snaps frome ACE hardware.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

What sort of clothes are you looking for, Brian?

Carhartt and Dickies are great for workwear, or for casual stuff in many cases. I have a pair of Dickies that are WAY ovesized for me... they feel like karate pants! I wear them all the time when I'm working in the yard, working on the car, etc... They're light gray with a double-thick knee. They're about 8 years old, worn regularly, and they're just now showing signs of wear. Stains never remain, they've never ripped... all around great quality pants. But they look stupid.

For regular everyday clothes, I stick to the basics... Levis and Lee jeans. They fit fine, come in a wide variety of sizes, styles, and colors, and they're not terribly expensive.
              I'm interested in getting a pair of Duluth Trading Co. "Ballroom" jeans.

I have no idea on the quality, but I love the concept!

Shirts and stuff, I generally stick to t-shirts. Actually, aside from the few band shirts I have, I really only wear black Merona undershirts (Target brand. size small... though I should probably get some mediums until I work off some of this extra weight!) The shirts are well made, but the color fades quickly. Never had one rip, but I'll turn them into shop rags after a month or so of regular wear due to sun-bleaching.
              I use Gildan shirts for the CB7tuner t-shirts, and the quality is outstanding. Thick material, very fade resistant (even the black), strong stitching, great fit. I prefer Gildan over Jerzees.

For nicer clothes, I have REALLY awkward arms. My neck is 15 1/2, but my arms are 36-37. Almost nobody offers shirts in that size (I either get a larger neck for the longer arms, or short arms with the proper neck.) I stick to short sleeve for that reason. Again, I stick to the affordable basics... Arrow, Stafford, Van Heusen... never had an issue with any of their garments.
              I do have a few Michael Kors shirts that are fantastic. I got them cheap, as they were outgoing styles... but they're $80 shirts normally. Probably the best-made shirts I've ever owned, though.
              I've also had a number of Calvin Klein things... and all were made terribly. I'll never buy CK again.
              Lands End also makes shirts in oddball sizes, so I can get shirts that fit well from them. I have a few, and I'm satisfied with the quality. My main beef with them is the lack of basic styles... it's like... white, blue, or some goofy looking colors, prints, or cuts...

When it comes to dress clothes, the BEST option is to find a good custom tailor and have them made. Shirts, pants, suits... But you'd need to be sure you found someone that 1) uses quality materials, 2) has the necessary skill, and 3) knows current styles, so you don't look like a blast from the past! Chances are good that such a thing will cost big money, though.
              Often, the best deals on tailor-made clothing can be found in the Chinatown district of most cities.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                Carhartt and Wrangler. I wear Cinch which is a nice wrangler look but a little dressier. And pearl snaps frome ACE hardware.
                I'm not a fancy person so dickie's, carhartt, and wrangler's for me pants wise.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                  I'm not a fancy person so dickie's, carhartt, and wrangler's for me pants wise.
                  I do wear a $120 pair of Spy sunglasses and a $60 Fox/Honda Racing flexfit. That’s all I require is a good hat and a good pair of sunglasses. I’m a scraggly looking person anyways. I told myself I’m not going to cut my hair for the rest of my life about 6 months ago. Last week I decided I wasn’t going to shave anymore either.

I do have a few long sleeve IZOD shirts. They are nice quality and I think they make Jeans as well. As far as the OP I think its style first then quality for most people. So without knowing his style it’s hard to make suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    The replies imply workwear, but your question leads me to believe you were insinuating nicer clothes.

I exclusively wear Seven for all Mankind jeans. The stitching on them is without flaw. It is done as straight as can possibly be and margins to hems are kept consistent. It's more or less their claim to fame. Where two pieces of fabric are joined there is absolutely zero bunching on either side. On their newer pairs they've started making the waist and seat fabric with 2% spandex to allow flex. Nowhere near what you'd think, but just enough so that they have some give.

They're not cheap, though. Buying a new pair will cost between $165-225 in most stores. They will be your favorite article of clothing if you bought a pair, though. I was hooked 7 years ago and now I have around 20 pair.

Did not know they made Jean's for men.

My wife use to wear them and it was her favorite jeans but I was not paying $200 for jeans for her so she dropped that habbit lol.

Comment

So Jarrett has about $4000 worth of jeans?

Comment

True religion Jeans are made well. And I love my Levi's. Express has quality shirts too
                        My 91 ex coupe
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          So Jarrett has about $4000 worth of jeans?
                          beat me to it...
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

It's my vice. It also helps to have a dad who worked at men's fine clothing store for a while. But, admittedly, my discounts weren't nearly as nice as his. I paid roughly 75% for the ones I bought through him.

I look like a bum most days of the week, sporting pit stains and wearing shorts to anything I can. But if I need to dress the part I feel that I can outdress anyone in the room. It's not about trying to look like a pimp or like I'm trying out to get into Boyz II Men. It's about being timelessly classic while integrating modern styling cues. The basic suit cut that we know has been around for almost 200 years. That's been the case for a reason.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

For jeans I really prefer raw denim so I like Samurai jeans and some levis are good, you just have to know what to look for.

For shirts, jackets and such it's just whatever I find for a good price.
                              I like a simple look so I usually shop at gap, J crew, every now and then Karmaloop.
                              Street-Spec

Comment

Working...
                              X