EXT: mod your tailights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: mod your tailights

this is very similar to the way people black house their headlights.

i had an extra taillight to play with, so i did a few different things to show what it could look like.

i used a couple of flat head screw drivers and a hairdryer on high heat. there may be a better way to do this, like putting then in the oven for example, but this worked for me. i had it apart in 15 min. the glue is very soft and sticky. the lens is a hard plastic, while the taillight housing is flexable like tupperware.

once you get the taillight apart, you'll see that the clear reflector inside is two pieces.

the first one is my favorite. i'm sotra debating on doing it to my tails. i took the top light diffuser and tinted it black.
    use something like this

what it looks like put together.

on the car

another way to do it, black housed, without the light diffuser. this is kind of neat because you can see the bare bulb, but also have the reflectors in for safety.

and put together.

then, i tried the ''fake chrome'' spray paint on top.

and together.

lastly, i tried the chrome paint on the whole thing and took out all diffusers and reflectors. this is unsafe. i wouldn't do it unless you add reflectors, but even still, i would imagine it would be hard for other drivers to see the lit bulb on a sunny day.

you can't tell by the pic, but this was almost blinding to look at.

i'll update this in time with more pics.

remember to resist putting to much muscle into the prying part. later.
    Last edited by TypeG; 10-27-2008, 04:30 AM.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Very neat , Just wondering how the light looks in the dark and how it is on the car. Get those up ASAP! I like the black tint one, wanna see how it looks on the car then I might have to go do it.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Good little write up!! I like it but try to get some more pics! Possibly some with the lite on the car? None the less great job!

Comment

Cool Beans!

Ive always wandered about doing that to the taillights, but wasnt sure if it would work, or be safe. Thnx.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

edit: one last one i did with the dupli-color metal cast anodized smoke. i sprayed just the outside lens. i think this would look good on a lighter car because it actually has a ''smokey'' look to it....kind of slivery.

later.
          Last edited by TypeG; 10-27-2008, 04:08 AM.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i did tailights b4 but only tinted them, the way u did it came out nice to.

but the thing is i would like 2 c how would the RED looked if u painted the back blk, theres a idea for you to do next mayb??
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

nice job tho type G
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Damn!

Ever thought about going into making your own aftermarket support company for the CB? Those are looking tight!

what ever happened to that red valve cover?
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I like the first one too, with the reflectors:

That 'smoked' amber suits dark colored cars nicely.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

wow i'm really liking the yellow piece without the reflector and the whole entire tail light without reflector--i want to try this, but i dont want to get rear ended in the day

good job!

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                      edit: one last one i did with the dupli-color metal cast anodized smoke. i sprayed just the outside lens. i think this would look good on a lighter car because it actually has a ''smokey'' look to it....kind of slivery.

later.

Now the chrome shots gives it a fresh new look however ^^^ will make her look mean..
                      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                      ....................My New Baby
                      SOLD TO
                      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

man you got some nice ass ideas! i wounder how 92-93 lights would look.

Comment

later.

how does the blinker look when flashing?
                          My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

another idea...blackhouse with red clears?????
                            My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

later.
                              holy crap.. i hella like that!! .. why didn't i ever think of that.. looks like i got me a new mod this weekend thanks type G
                              -:¦:-
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                              X