No announcement yet.

EXT: mod your tailights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, was just wondering, is it possible to remove the yellow section and add an orange bulb so that it looks like a clear taillight?

Trini

Comment

Originally posted by Trini
      hey, was just wondering, is it possible to remove the yellow section and add an orange bulb so that it looks like a clear taillight?

Trini
      You can already get Red/Clears from carparts.com or ebay for around 80 dollars.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I'm trying to turn the turnsignal black inside and the red ones chrome inside.
        I've already painted them and I'll post some pics soon!

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
        My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
          if you take out the reflectors, it is very clear, but i wouldn't do it because of safety reasons. like someone crashing into your car while it's parked on the side of the road at night. later.

If anyone does decide to leave out the reflectors, it would be a good idea to get some external ones and place them some where on the rear and possibly even the sides.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Hey, i'm thinking of painting the housing of the turn signal black and leaving the diffuser in, has anybody done this?
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
              Hey, i'm thinking of painting the housing of the turn signal black and leaving the diffuser in, has anybody done this?
              my guess is that doing that would make little or no difference in apperance because the backing is already a dark color (brown). later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

^x2 i already tried it that way and it looks almost the same. i would like to tint the reflector though i think that would look better than painting it black or leaving it out and i think it would still serve its purpose.

Comment

ok ive got it im going to chrome the top yellow part and darken the red.

this way the yellow will stand out more.
                  ]

Comment

if you take out the reflectors, it is very clear, but i wouldn't do it because of safety reasons. like someone crashing into your car while it's parked on the side of the road at night. later.

i took my reflectors out and u can still c the tailight bulb in the day time
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                      i took my reflectors out and u can still c the tailight bulb in the day time
                      ok, i'm sure you can see the bulb in the day, but what i'm saying is if you remove the bottom reflector it is more dangerous because someone may run into your car at night if it is parked on the side of the road. the reflectors light up from headlights. when you remove the reflectors, they no longer light up when headlights are shined on them. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Hmm I might just leave the reflectors out, I mean the brake lights have more than enough reflectors and I never park on the street.
                        wat?

Comment

i park in the street and all and even at night when cars pass by i c RED when they pass by from there headlights, BUT i know wat u MEAN type G ill look again.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

this is very similar to the way people black house their headlights.

i had an extra taillight to play with, so i did a few different things to show what it could look like.

i used a couple of flat head screw drivers and a hairdryer on high heat. there may be a better way to do this, like putting then in the oven for example, but this worked for me. i had it apart in 15 min. the glue is very soft and sticky. the lens is a hard plastic, while the taillight housing is flexable like tupperware.

once you get the taillight apart, you'll see that the clear reflector inside is two pieces.

the first one is my favorite. i'm sotra debating on doing it to my tails. i took the top light diffuser and tinted it black.

what it looks like put together.

on the car

another way to do it, black housed, without the light diffuser. this is kind of neat because you can see the bare bulb, but also have the reflectors in for safety.

and put together.

then, i used the ''fake chrome'' spray paint on top.

and together.

lastly, i used the chrome paint on the whole thing and took out all diffusers and reflectors. this is unsafe. i wouldn't do it unless you add reflectors, but even still, i would imagine it would be hard for other drivers to see the lit bulb on a sunny day.

you can't tell by the pic, but this was almost blinding to look at.

i'll update this in time with more pics.

remember to resist putting to much muscle into the prying part. later.
                            It's a lot of work but absolutely worth it. I can't wait for the final result

lastly, i used the chrome paint on the whole thing and took out all diffusers and reflectors. this is unsafe. i wouldn't do it unless you add reflectors, but even still, i would imagine it would be hard for other drivers to see the lit bulb on a sunny day.
                            That's why I'm going to use LED's an put some reflectors in my bumper.
                            Last edited by lo-specials; 06-21-2007, 02:25 PM.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                            My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

/\ that looks pretty good man! how did you tint the amber so well?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Once again, inovating in all dimentions! I like the tinted top alot.

- Daniel
                                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X