rl caliper bracket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rl caliper bracket question

got an rl caliper mounted up to a 01 accord ex knuckle and having the 350z brembo rotor make contact with my caliper on the inner portion on the passenger side. the driver side bolts right up with no issues.

The brake pad can be pressed in but it is very very tight and wheel wont move really at all because the pressure applied to the rotor is too great after..

Thought about mounting up a hardened 1mm washer or spacer sandwiched in between the knuckle mounting tab and the inside of the ffc rl bracket to clear the offset...

anyone else have this issue or heard about someone else having this problem? I thought about just mounting it up and saying f it but not really a fan of that.

I’d have to look at mine to see it it’s really close also. One thing I would recommend when using CG Accord v6 knuckles is to get hub centric rings to mount the 350z rotors on. The CG Accord knuckles have a 64.1mm hub while the 350z rotor is for a 66.1mm hub. I used a set of 3mm spacers that are 66.1 over the rotor and hub centric rings to space my wheels out correctly and keep everything hub centric as well. The rotors have very little room to move because the bolt pattern keeps them close but making them perfectly centered is best.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

use maxima rotors
      COUPE K24

Comment

I’m pretty sure maxima rotors aren’t the same size as 350z w/ brembo pkg rotors are. You need to specify the brembo pkg ones also. The maxima rotors are not as thick either. That might help but the 230mm circumference is the size to get for a Fat Four conversion.
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

maxima rotors are slightly smaller in diameter. thats what i have on my cl with rl 4 piston brakes.
          COUPE K24

Comment

i actually got the plastic hub centric rings 64.1 / 66.1 shaved down to 2mm so that the rotor is centered and the ring stops just before the 2.2mm gap the 350z brembo 2 piece project mu aluminum hat creates.

So I've got that part covered. The gap created by the hardened spacer (washer) provides a more centered brake pad position so the rotor spins free without much effort now...

Not too worried as I have all new 10.9 grade brake hardware in both the front and rear, as I also run a fastbrakes bbk bracket with 06 Acura MDX Stoptech 12.3" in the rear

Comment

Working...
            X