Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need clutch advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need clutch advice

My Action clutch (2ms unsprung) is on the way out after only 12,000 miles at 350whp (most the time below 300!) so I need some suggestions for a new one. Im keeping my 8.9lbs flywheel.

Im currently on a stock motor @ 10psi, around 250whp.
    Plan to meth kit it and go for 15psi (roughly 300-320 whp)

I know the exedy stage 1 should be a good choice, just wondering if anyone has other opinions? Thank you
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

I'm also looking for a new clutch to handle about 400whp, my stage 4 Bully cannot handle the extra power. I was looking into the twin disk competition clutch, maybe that could be an option for you.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Act street heavy-duty/strip sprung hub disk its a 6 puck but its very streetable. It held up to my combo with my cb7 well when I had it anyway. What are you going to do flywheel wise ?

Comment

Im only going for 320whp max...i dont wanna do overkill, i want something very streetable, if my plans change and i go for more power then ill get a bigger clutch but for the next year im gonna stick around that whp range.
        1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

Originally posted by aleks77 View Post
          Im only going for 320whp max...i dont wanna do overkill, i want something very streetable, if my plans change and i go for more power then ill get a bigger clutch but for the next year im gonna stick around that whp range.
          The setup I mentioned earlier is nowhere enar overkill but it holds the power significantly.

Comment

hey sparkle are you talking about ACT part # HA3-HDG6?

Comment

Im in this boat too. Was planning to but exedy but wanted a 6 puck

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
              Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Ive noticed the exedy clutches are rated way lower for max torque than other brands, like spec or act. I was looking between spec stage 2 or stage 3 six puck. very good prices on those also. Give them a look

Comment

Aleks: Competition clutch stg 3 segmented would work perfect for you, good holding power, but not a pain to drive like a 6 puck.

Mozz: competition clutch stg 4 would work perfect for you. If you want some extra holding power, they offer a dual diaphragm pressure plate.

I have the stg 3 in my 300whp integra, and the stg 4 with dual diaphragm in my accord.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Damn the stage 4 competition clutch is $60 cheaper than stage 3? Is the stage 4 a lot more of a pain to drive daily? I just dont see myself paying $60 more for a clutch that holds less power...

Comment

it is a big difference in street driving scenarios. the material of the segmented makes engagement alot less harsh, the stg 4 is the cerametallic and its pretty grabby, probably similar to the 6 puck you have now

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

act sprung 4 puck is somewhat streetable
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Got a great deal on a stage 3 competition, ordered.

Should i get a brand new OEM Throw out bearing? Or use the one provided?

Comment

Where did you order your clutch from? I need to get one soon.
                            Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

PMed you

Comment

Working...
                              X