Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 LX Cut-Out when Accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, i've read the entire thread. Is your CB7 still having problems? Not sure if this was mentioned(if it was, my bad) But, check your main relay for your fuel pump.

Comment

I replaced the main relay, no change.
      Click on the Death's Head Moth for MRT

PSN: Sick6sect
      CB7Tuner Map

Comment

Originally posted by sick6sect View Post
        I replaced the main relay, no change.
        I know I asked this question several months ago, and I appologize for not getting back with you sooner, but my original question was: Does your rpm gauge/needle bounce independant of actual engine rpms. You responded yes.

The rpm bouncing independant of actual engine rpms is the sign of a failing igniter. I know you said you replaced the igniter, did you replace it with one from a junkyard? If so you could have switched out your igniter with another bad one. Could of been the reason the source car ended up in the junkyard to begin with.

Try swapping your igniter out for a known good one.

Also from the original post it sounded like an o2 problem, but if pulling the plug didn't fix the problem, then you didn't need to replace the o2. Either way keep us posted, and I hope your problem gets fixed. Good Luck
        Last edited by cloudasc; 09-06-2011, 08:03 PM.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I bought the dizzy new off ebay. It is possible that it is broken will check on another one from autozone. Until then I am going to try to trace wiring and check grounds.
          Click on the Death's Head Moth for MRT

PSN: Sick6sect
          CB7Tuner Map

Comment

Don't get another distributer, the one you have is probably fine, especially if the tach is no longer jumping around. Here are some things I believe nobody has mentioned yet.

Cheap/easy stuff:
            Start by checking the contacts to the injector resistor. It's the thing on the right side of the engine with the heat-sink on it. Blast the contacts with electrical contact cleaner, followed by a blast of air (if you have a compressor or can of propellant) to make sure they are dry. Next check the resistance of each of the injectors, should be 1.5-2.5 ohms, make sure contacts are clean while you're there. Check for bad wiring/ground/short between injectors and resistor, and between resistor and ECU. This next one probably is not the issue, but you could also remove the fuel rail and pull out the little fuel screens from the top of the injectors to make sure they are clean. Seafoam may have knocked something loose, but not likely. It won't cost money to check this though, and the problem did start after you fueled up/added Seafoam, right?

Costs money:
            Drain the tank, refuel – Again, issue started after you fueled up, so you may have bad gas. Not sure if you've put any more in since, but there is a drain bolt on the tank so it's easy enough to do.
            Ignition Lock Cylinder - This is a common failure on CB7s, just like the main relay and igniter. It could be that it fails intermittently, causing your fuel pump to intermittently turn off. Not sure how inclined you are to wire up an LED from the front of the car to the fuel pump to see if it ever turns off, but that would be cheaper than just replacing it.
            Injector resistor – replace it, from a junk yard if you can to save money. Sorry, I don't know how to test it to see if it's bad. Maybe someone else knows.

That's all I got for now. You may have already posted, but I can't remember if the cutting out happens all the time, or only at highway speeds? And is it cutting out like the engine stops running and you jerk forward or does it just bogg down and seem sluggish like it's getting too much or too little fuel?

Comment

What ever happened to your problem. Still have the car?
              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
              X