won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

won't start

i'll post as much info as i can about my car. it's a 1992 accord wagon with an automatic transmission. it had been starting rough a few times when it hadn't been started in awhile. not by much, just a little extra push. this only happened when i hadn't started it in a few days. most of the time, it started just fine. now the car won't start at all. i hear a click from the starter, that's it.

the car's battery, when tested, is showing 11.??. the battery cables are new. i am still able to get battery power- headlights, cd player, etc. the spark plugs were replaced about 5 yrs ago (they were original and still going). the main relay was replaced around the same time. so was the igniter.

i am hearing a click from the starter when we do try to start it. i have a youtube video available so you can see what is going on. the car is not throwing out any cel codes.

i gave a listen to the fuel pump via having someone turn the key to battery (2 clicks), and i heard it come on when i had my head near the gas tank. a friend taught me that, but that's all i know about fuel pumps.

i had a spare ignition coil a friend gave me from a junker. i hooked it up and the car still didn't start. figured it was worth a shot since the part is free before i go spending $$$.

it could be a one of these problems, maybe?
    * distributor?
    * spark plugs?

here's the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiw7teNPA8Q

please do not quote as i may edit this. thanks!

did u try to get a jump from another car? also get a hammer and tap on the starter while someone else try to start the car

Comment

It sounds to me like the battery is weak.
      A&P-IA

Comment

Get your battery checked. Sounds like your out of juice.
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

managed to get someone to help jump it. car started right up. has been reading a little above 12 v.

when running battery tests at about 13- 13.5v. the alternator is original, so it may be the culprit.

also, battery goes down to about 8v when trying to start.

Comment

My cb does exactly the same thing, unless I get a jump. I had my battery slow charged and they told me it was bad.

Comment

Working...
            X