Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CEL code 6 D4 code 10 please help! need car fixed by tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL code 6 D4 code 10 please help! need car fixed by tomorrow!

after an ecu reset, these codes popped up again. i was driving late at night last night and i do NOT want this to happen this weekend when there are crazies on the road. i will have to drive late at night tomorrow and saturday.

so what's going on:
    * when the car is running the fans are NOT turning on. nor are they working when car is off.
    * car is running a bit rough now that cel is on. after i did ecu reset and before cel came on the first time (now on 2nd go round and running worse), it would run a bit rough 50% of the time, usually at stop lights and on the highway at about 65 mph.
    * no leaks i can see around radiator or hoses. hoses are new. coolant level is fine.

i am posting pics of the connection. looks a bit burned out, but i don't know much. really, i have little experience in this and own few tools. so yes, please i do need some help.

i can post more photos of anything that may be needed. thank you all in advance for your assistance!

The CTS is actually under the distributor. Looks the same as the one you have pictured. You can get it at autozone or the like.....

Comment

okie dokie i found it. thanks for the quick reply. is it best to just go ahead and replace it or should i try and test wires first?

oh and need photos? like i said little/no experience here!

Comment

Probably easiest just to replace it......

Comment

so i replaced it after looking up a few things online. it's running much better now so thanks so much for the help. now i can get to where i need to go! it is not idling roughly at all when stopped, however, it is a little shaky (not as bad as it used to be before this repair) when i go about 65 mph on the highway. tires are in good shape and properly aligned and balanced. friend thought it might be motor mount, but i have checked them and they appear to be fine. no idea what is causing the slight shakiness.

Comment

Working...
          X