Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how do I replace tail light on wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I replace tail light on wagon

I have 1992 honda accord wagon and i cant figure out how to take the tail light out to put the new one in pls help.

I have a 1997 wagon. I don't know if the 1991 works the same, but I can tell you how the 1994-7 tail lights are replaced.

The taillight assembly needs to be removed to replace the lights. The taillight assembly is held on by two screws/bolts, which are located right next to the tailgate inside the hatch, and two pins, which are on the side.

There are two tricks involved. First, you have to open the tailgate and remove the access panels next to the tailgate. This should give you access to the screws, which you remove.

Second, you can't see the pins. These are pointed sideways (i.e. 90 degrees from the direction the bolts screw in). Thus, you need to pull the taillight assembly sideways (i.e. away from the car to the side) to remove it - and avoid breaking the pins.

It's actually pretty easy to do, once you figure out the tricks. The light can be easily popped out once you have pulled the taillight away from the side.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordwagon View Post
      I have 1992 honda accord wagon and i cant figure out how to take the tail light out to put the new one in pls help.
      One of the lights in the tailgate or in the corner of the body?
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

They body tail lights are the same as the sedans/coupes. You do not need to remove these if you are replacing just a bulb.
        The tail gate lights however are a little different. I do not own a wagon so i cannot confirm if they need to be removed to replace the bulbs but the sedan and coupes allow you to replace them while still attached to the car.

I see that you want to replace the entire assembly. You must disconnect the wiring and remove the nuts holding them on. I want to say they are 10 or 12mm. If they have not been removed in over 20 years they may need a nudge or pull to remove them. I recently took mine off to drain out the water because i constantly have the "brake lamp" dash indicator on even though my brakes all work.

Comment

hello fellow wagon owner!

ok, so i replaced the gasket for my tailights using the craft foam tutorial on here, and it's worked great. the outer wagon tail lights have 4 bolts. two of them are located next to where the bulbs go, behind the panels. (if you need photos let me know) two other bolts are located behind the plastic trim in the car. i am embarrased to admit this, but i had no idea how to get that plastic interior crap off and wound up busting mine. BUT after that i as able to unscrew the other two bolts and pop the new gaskets on and clean off 20+ years of crap built up.

Comment

Working...
          X