Pax brake light does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pax brake light does not work

hello all. so the brake light on the trunk on the pax side will not work while the others will. I have tried 2 diffrent assy and the one on the driver side but it will not light up when the brake is pressed. I will however light up when i turn on the running lights but will not glow brighter when the brakes are pressed. All the other brake lights work. any help?
    visit vgruk

With the light bulb removed from non-working socket, using multimeter, check for incoming voltage and ground. See which side of circuit is at fault first.
    A&P-IA

Comment

i dont have a voltmeter handy but i have narrowed it down to the wiring in the car. Do you think it could be the brake switch?
      visit vgruk

Comment

Just so I know for my own knowledge.. the inner plug is the neg and the contact points are positive rite?

when he does the test, does the car have to be in the ON position.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
          i dont have a voltmeter handy but i have narrowed it down to the wiring in the car. Do you think it could be the brake switch?
          If the switch is faulty, it will affect all of brake lights.
          A&P-IA

Comment

so i busted out the volt meter and i get no voltage when the pedal is pressed. like i said in op it glows but fails to get brighter when the pedal is pressed down. i have replaced the unit so i think its the wiring. any thoughts on what it could be?
            visit vgruk

Comment

ok? now im lost it has been a while since Basic E. where do you think i should start? I have no experience with this stuff. the only trouble shooting i did in school was simple stuff. i guess it gets harder when its not all spelled out for ya
              visit vgruk

Comment

I had this problem recently. Try this, in your trunk, remove the passenger side interior covers where your rear quarter panel is. Trace the tail light wiring back to where they connect to the body harness. check that connector. Mine was so corroded it fell apart and I had to splice the wiring into one.

Comment

The one in green is the one im having problems

Is the one in red related to the green light at all? because this light used to be submerged in water because it had a hole in the top and the connections are very corroded. are the 2 connected?
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Anyone?
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Go here....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184559
                      Click to open page 15 for the elec diagram, this will show you a complete diagram for the tail lights. I used it to resolve the issue I had. Did you even look into the connector I suggested to you?

Comment

havent yet. where is it at? do i have to peel that plastic siding in the trunk to get to it? a pic would help tons
                        visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post

The one in green is the one im having problems

Is the one in red related to the green light at all? because this light used to be submerged in water because it had a hole in the top and the connections are very corroded. are the 2 connected?
                          if im understanding all of this correctly the light in the green box will not light up any brighter when the brake is pressed well either my car is messed up too or they are not supposed to light up because neither side on my car lights up with the brakes

Comment

i lied i just checked out of curiosity and both of mine work sorry i was no help

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2H8ME View Post
                              Go here....
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=184559
                              Click to open page 15 for the elec diagram, this will show you a complete diagram for the tail lights. I used it to resolve the issue I had. Did you even look into the connector I suggested to you?
                              just looked into the connector. nothing wrong. i am going to replace the light in the red box. i think that is it since there are a couple other lights that are shorted because of the corrosion
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                              X