TracieS : 1988 Mazda RX-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TracieS : 1988 Mazda RX-7

Well I picked up a 88 rx7 today. Traded my wheels set of centra 7's and a little cash for it. Its just a shell overall pretty mint no motor or tranny. paint in decent shape great starting point for a v8 swap. Most likely will being carbed v8 for simplcity and the fact I have everything I need to build a decent sbc in the back of my garage.

Plans are to use a granny sped shop mount kit
    Decent set of full body coil overs
    Chaser vanish body kit
    My 16x8 volk progressiv mesh that are currenlty on my accord

Going to pick up the car tomorrow so ill update with more pics then. Im pretty excited to get back into v8's and a different make import. And RWD again lol

Going for somthing like this when im finished

STANCE|WORKS

Nice. I wanted one of those when i was young.

Junior in HS.

steve

Comment

Damn, great inspiration to work towards. Can't wait to see where this build goes Tracey
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Here ya go....ZERO fuck's given rx7 SBF powered.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

glad your not putting a rotary back in.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Buddy of mine had one of these. It was pretty sick. Good luck with it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

str8 pipe that shit.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                Nice. I wanted one of those when i was young.

Junior in HS.

steve
                I did to

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                Damn, great inspiration to work towards. Can't wait to see where this build goes Tracey
                I cant either should be awesome
                Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                Here ya go....ZERO fuck's given rx7 SBF powered.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg
                Yea I seen that not going that crazy I plan on keeping this car clean
                Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                glad your not putting a rotary back in.
                Not a fan of rotarys Ill stick to what I know lol

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                Buddy of mine had one of these. It was pretty sick. Good luck with it.
                thanks

Update with interior pics and such just needs a good clean and a new dash trim piece

And the body no rust and prety clean all over found only two dents nothing to crazy or deep

And the bay my starting point going to start stripping of unercary things and degrese and clean the crap out of it and may try a wire tuck

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Didn't figure you would exterior wise being the one you're getting is in decent shape. Was more or less talking mod wise, but most common is a SBC instead of a SBF.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Yea I love that car I was going to auto it but I had to get a t5 and raise hell and i wouldnt mind a sbf but I have everything I need to do a pretty stout 350 I still have all my stuff to do a stroker 350.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

SBC works no hate from me. What stroker kit due you have?

02 Crv

Comment

I can only imagine how much fun this thing is gonna be.

Rotary or not, RX7s are just plain awesome.

I used to have 2 FC's, except the ones I had were total POS's.

Comment

Well I just ordered a 5.3 for it I might as well do it right the first time. Ill throw in a bigger cam ls1 intake and call it day. But here comes the fun part trying to find a ls t56 tranny.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

This looks like its gonna be fun.
                            We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
                            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

You don't want an LS1 intake. They're junk. You want either an LS2 intake with an aftermarket 90mm throttle body or an LS6 intake with an OEM 78mm LS1/LS6 throttle body.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                              X