battery relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery relocation

OK so just to make this quick and simple if I have an amp in my car can I just take it out and use the wires for the battery? then just add all the cables that ran off the positive wire up front to the amp wire up front? with possibly just doing a better ground? also i saw that you would have to find a way to connect your HID ballast?
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

It depends on the gauge of wire your using. I personaly I bought a battery relocation kit from summit racing
    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

You'll want a 2 awg or 0 awg wire if you are running power to the trunk. Make sure you fuse the connection near the battery to prevent a short or fire

Formerly 91AccordExR33
      11.68 @ 127mph
      417whp/375wtq
      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

ok so i used my old amp wire to hook up my battery what i did was just connected the 2 wires (the one to the starter and the one to the fuse box) then i went to the truck and added a ground actually 2 just to make sure and hooked it up and no power what so ever? i had a fuse for the amp wire checked it looked good even directly tapped the two wires without a fuse to see a spark or any kind of power and i got nothing any suggestions? o and for the power wires i just layed the amp wire on top of the starter wire that went to the fuse box i figured id atleast get a little power
        93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Tell me if this seems right..... I know its very messy at the moment
          connected this wire

to this on the left

and this one on the right

and the amp wire here

Hooked up the amp wire to the battery like so

Hooked up the negatives (I used the one from the front and the original ground from the amp plugged them both up.

and did my grounds like so
          93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

It looks right make sure you have a ground coming off your motor to the chassis

Comment

lol well i guess i did something wrong my cars not getting any power what so ever put the jumper cables on it and not a single light comes on
              93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

ok well now i remember last night i must have hit something because my 80a(battery) fuse is blown so hopefully this will fix that
                93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by faqncb7 View Post
                  It looks right make sure you have a ground coming off your motor to the chassis
                  alright buddy will do thanks for the response
                  93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

i personally would suggest getting a better ground or strip the paint from where it connects but thats just me. and is your power cable supposed to be copper or is it silver?

Comment

Originally posted by nowzor View Post
                      i personally would suggest getting a better ground or strip the paint from where it connects but thats just me. and is your power cable supposed to be copper or is it silver?
                      Now I'm assuming copper because it seems like its not getting enough power
                      93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

I'll post pics of my set up

Comment

Originally posted by faqncb7 View Post
                          I'll post pics of my set up
                          Alright buddy yea ill post a video of what its doing when I get home
                          93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by nowzor View Post
                            Yea I will I'm just making sure everything starts and works its just temporary and I used 180 sand paper to take the paint off
                            93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

I personally don't like having a lead acid batteries inside the car. I recommend a sealed battery, I went with an agm battery (absorbed glass mat).

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X