Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car is partly fixed, need help with last part

Well,

I found out why the car was running like crap.. plugs were gapped wrong. ANYWAYS! I got to driving her today, drove her for a good 15 mins with no probs. Then when sitting at a stop light, I noticed the temp gauge going up, started moving again at the speed limit and it sank back down.. But here is where it gets WEIRD. When I would smash on the gas, the temp gauge would drop down to below the C marker and then slowly rise back up to normal operating temps.

What would cause this..

I need to know ASAP as I have started a new job and driving is the ONLY way there. Bus would take too long and walking would take a day and a half.

Please help

Ian

faulty connection at the temp gauge sensor?(one wire) make sure that gauge works otherwise if it is rpm replated, it may be looking towards a water pump or thermostat.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thermo is BRAND new

Comment

Check for proper radiator fan operation, if that is working properly move into flushing out coolant system well, especially the heater core area. The heater core area can get plugged up with debris.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

also check your fluid.... make sure its bled properly too.
          Members Ride sold...
          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Check the sensor resistance and wiring. Does it still run like crap or is it better? You may have just messed up the sensor for the gauge and the one for the ecu is still fine.

Comment

Working...
            X