Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is a good tranny for my H22A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is a good tranny for my H22A

so my fifth gear started missing really bad and grinding. I'm not sure what transmission is in the car as there's no label anywhere. I've called around to local shops in Phoenix and the repairs prices are ridiculous. just wondering if anyone knows what type of tranny i can substitute onto my engine without having to dish out 1k for just 1 gear getting replaced.

Originally posted by GOKUtheDJ View Post
    so my fifth gear started missing really bad and grinding. I'm not sure what transmission is in the car as there's no label anywhere. I've called around to local shops in Phoenix and the repairs prices are ridiculous. just wondering if anyone knows what type of tranny i can substitute onto my engine without having to dish out 1k for just 1 gear getting replaced.
    Yea can swap and h22 h23 f22 i have seen a bseries tranny on a h22 aka h2b what motor you have

Comment

Yes, any FWD non-ATTS transmission from any Honda equipped with an H or F series engine. A transmission from a VTEC Prelude will give you the proper gearing for your engine's powerband.

Comment

i guess ima just have to find a h22 tranny for it thanks for the info guys

Comment

Mines in the process of chewing up the input shaft bearing, good thread.

Comment

I can give you a number to a guy who can rebuild your H tranny for cheap, locally in AZ, he's in the East Valley area near McKellips and the 202. His garage is literally strewn with trannys when I went over there and dropped it off. He does about 5-6 rebuilds a week.

I had mine rebuilt for 200 and the he replaced the 5th gear syncro/sleeve set, installed new mainshaft and countershaft bearings and installed my F22 5th gear for better highway fuel economy. I think the turnaround time was about 5 days. I had to remove the tranny and reinstall it myself though.

All in all, plan on spending about 350-400 with him including parts. A 5th gear sleeve set and two bearings cost me about 200 from Honda.
            Last edited by Losiracer2; 09-16-2013, 05:35 PM.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I have a M2F4 usdm transmission on my H22a and it feels alot better than the F series, only thing i dont like is 5th gear on the freeway im at 4k going 70mph

Comment

rebuilding it sounds good for that price send me his info i will contact him. this tranny aint gonna run much longer

Comment

I have an Accord tranny on my H22 and it's does just fine, but as Deev said, it's not geared for what the H22 likes. I still had fun with mine when I drove it. Only major down side is losing quite a few RPM's between gears (6500ish to about 4700ish RPMs) thus VTEC isn't engaged. But that's if you can't find any M2xx. Just for further info if you don't want to rebuild or buy another. Just know you have the option, as stated above.
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                  X