CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 04-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #21
AmTeC
CB7tuner Member

AmTeC is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to AmTeC
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Is painting included in that price? Both the initial job and if he ever has to redo it under warranty?
Yeah he said full repair + paint free of charge if the rust returns.
AmTeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:46 AM   #22
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I'd say that's a good deal, as long as he'll stay in business and honor the warranty for that time!

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #23
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d seems to have made some friends! fleetw00d seems to have made some friends!
They don't figure on people keeping cars for more than a few years. Get it in writing!
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #24
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
That's a great price! I'd go with that, and make sure he does good work!

^100 years old^

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:07 PM   #25
AmTeC
CB7tuner Member

AmTeC is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to AmTeC
So I went to a guy closer to me, the guy who fixed the crack on my CB7's bumper. He did a great job with that. He said that he can fix the major rust spots (wheel wells, tail light, any surrounding areas) for $600 and it wont come back. He's going to cut out the metal and replace it. He said to leave the smaller rust spots for now and decide later what I want to do with them. He says the color blending is difficult on frost white hondas and it wont look perfectly correct but he will try his best. He also said he can repaint the entire car and fix every single rust spot for $1500, but I told him I'm gonna have to pass on that. What do you guys think?

Betzi might have come to an abrupt end, But the legacy lives on with Daisy the CB7. It won't happen again, this, I promise you 👿

AmTeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #26
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Will he back up his claim? If it comes back in 18 months, will he fix it again (and properly?) If so, go for it. If not... it's your call. If it comes back, it could be worse... creeping up in places that are REALLY difficult to fix. It might come back to the point where it's not worth fixing. It might also be fine. It's a risk. If the guy will stand by his work, then I'd say give it a shot. $1500 is actually a good deal for everything, honestly. I expect I'll be paying more to have my Miata fixed up, and that really just needs very minor blemish correction and a respray!

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rust help , rust repair , rusted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: