test harness for cable reel on steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test harness for cable reel on steering wheel

I have a 92 accord ex coupe and am trying to test my cable reel to see if it is operately correctly. All i need to test is the cruise switch. I already tested the switch outside of the steering wheel and now am test to see if cable reel is working ok. It sais i need a test harness in my manual. Part number 07-LAZ-SL-40300. It is 60 dollars and don't want to buy it. Is there another way to test this. Am assuming this test harness is really only a loop sending signals as you have pushed the button yourself. Can i use the 20p main harness connector instead and just use the instructions from 91 accord(92 accord and up has cable reel instead of slip ring)? I wonder if this will work. I have same main connector as 91. Or i can send signal down the cruise switch myself and sort of just figure out what pins to test for continuity . My switch works ok so there should be changes in set to resume if cable reel is working ok.
    Last edited by zedjr10; 04-15-2017, 06:59 PM.

Ok solved my own problem. For anyone who might want to know. Disconnect 14p cruise control connector. Light/green with red stripe is set and light green with black stripe is resume. Once switch is removed test continuity from c to light green with red and from b to light green with black. If both have continuity then check power going to switch. If that has power also then it isn't your cable reel. I haven't tested power to cruise switch yet but am assuming it is all good as my horn works but going to test it anyways to be sure and ill post back.

Comment

Is power suppose to be coming to cruise switch on steering wheel once car is started and main switch is turned on? Does anyone know? I tested when car is started to see if cruise switch was even getting power and it wasn't. So i am not even sure if it suppose to get power until actually driving or something. I am assuming it is suppose to get power when started cause i don't see any relays. So now the problem must be with the connector(in steering wheel that connects to switch) or cable reel. My horn works so that is odd. I will have to make a different post now i think explaining things more concise.
      Last edited by zedjr10; 04-15-2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

all fixed. It was a simple wiring fix. I have become a 92 accord cruise control expert. Anyone wants a little direction feel free to message me. 92's are different than 91 as it has a cable reel but the electrical wiring is different also. make sure u look at the 92 supplement for the different electrical wiring. I might make another post or a diy in troubleshooting the cruise control as it isnt that hard to troubleshoot if u use the 14p harness to test from.

Comment

Nice going. Do a DIY those are always helpful and I know other people have had this issue. Cruise control was the first thing I deleted when I got my car back in 2004, simply because I didn't trust taking my foot off the pedal. But I know lots of people can't live without it. I certainly can't live without it in my DD.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

You know i think the biggest piece of advice is to follow the 1990-93 shop manual(i should post some pics yeah?) on testing the 14p cruise control module wiring and do this first. It will tell u exactly what module is faulting.The troubleshooting guide will just confirm what u have found in the test. Then test that module and prey it isn't a crossed wire. For 1992's and up u have a cable reel and also the electrical wiring diagram is different so print off the 92 supplement which has these changes. 1994's troubleshooting diagram also changes so make sure u get 94 troubleshooting if you have a 92. There are some noticable differences. One thing to be aware in the 1990-93 manual of is that the 14p test for the clutch switch is backwards. It sais pressed you should have continuity which is backwards. Everything in the cruise system is easy to replace and check if faulty. Also for the 92-93 the troubleshooting guide is different and you should refer to the 94 troubleshooting.
            Last edited by zedjr10; 04-18-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X